West Ham Vs Crystal Palace - Sun 3rd Dec - kick off 2pm

13»

Comments

• It says a lot about our squad in that some players played on Thursday, 3 are just back from injury or illness, and we've not made a sub with (currently) 83 minutes played.
  • edited December 2023
    Fornals replaces Alvarez with 2 minutes to go (plus 6 more added time).
  • Good chance for Bowen but straight at their keeper with the header.
  • Waste of a cross by JWP, straight to their keeper.
  • At least we didn’t lose despite trying to at times. The others who played Thursday, Villa, Brighton and Liverpool are all losing.
  • We can't we play the rest of the game like the last 10 minutes? Most of the time we're just turgid to watch.
  • Aston Villa, Brighton and Liverpool all losing. We had a chance to move up but we blew it.
  • Villa now drawing and Liverpool winning.
  • It says a lot about our squad in that some players played on Thursday, 3 are just back from injury or illness, and we've not made a sub with (currently) 83 minutes played.

I don’t think it has anything to do with our squad. I think Moyes liked our starting 11 and for that reason he’s reluctant to take any of them off, regardless of how they’re playing or how tired they might be. A few players will never get subbed from a tactical perspective (only if injured).
  • I think that is 2 points given away. I can't understand why Moyes didn't go for it with Cornet, Mubama, Benni and Fornalls on the bench and he makes no move until the 87th minute. The side only went for it in the final few minutes.

Had Mavripanos not gifted them a goal I didn't see Palace scoring as the defence was doing a really good job of containing them and without Eze and Zaha they lack ability to make something happen.
  • edited December 2023

It says a lot about our squad in that some players played on Thursday, 3 are just back from injury or illness, and we've not made a sub with (currently) 83 minutes played.

I don’t think it has anything to do with our squad. I think Moyes liked our starting 11 and for that reason he’s reluctant to take any of them off, regardless of how they’re playing or how tired they might be. A few players will never get subbed from a tactical perspective (only if injured).
    It's a combination imo, yes, Moyes is very stubborn, but there's few players on the bench that are better than the tired players on the pitch, and that shouldn't be the case with better quality on the bench.

• Bit underwhelming that.
    Although these last few results look good on paper the performances have been poor. We’ve got some wonderful players but something’s not quite clicking . Hopefully it’s only a matter of time.
  • A few more games before (hopefully) we get in a striker in January.
  • Yes, Bowen up top & the 3 in midfield is not right for our play. I don’t rate Alvarez & Paqueta is way too hot & cold these days, plus playing on the left doesn’t help him.
  • MIAHammer said:

Don’t panic Soucek to score in the 87th minute.

That only works when I post it 😁
  • Well guess you dropped the ball there Bubbles =)
  • steve said:

Well guess you dropped the ball there Bubbles =)

No, not really, I just didn't want to overdo it.😉
  • Was not able to catch this one, reading between the lines, I do not think I missed much.

Feeling that our league position is slightly flattering.
  • Poor game. Same slow tempo We are just t clicking. Not sure why Soucek as thrust into the No 10 position and Pacqueta was either deep or on the left. May be it was to add height alongside Bowen but it did not work and both Soucek and Pqaueta were below par. Bowen was also poor.

We had a bit of help on the bench but Moyes didn't act until the 89th minute and then brought on Fornals. It is as though he was ready to accept one point rather than three.

Baffling decisionss and poor play cost us another 2 points.
  • Weird why Cornet is never brought on. Surely him for Alvarez on about 70 minutes wouldn’t have hurt?
  • I get the feeling that Moyes will only make the substitutions being called for when we're leading by 5 goals with no more than 20 minutes to play. ;)