Burnley Vs West Ham Sat 25th 3pm KO

1235»

Comments

• I care about the performance. If it’s bush about the results then we may as well just check the score at the end of the game. I want to watch them and I would like them to do more then nothing for 90% of the game, personally.

10 points from 7 games is decent, but the performances in most games don’t fill me with confidence
  • claretandbluesky,
    You've had a couple of stabs at it, but both,sadly, unsuccessful - it's Mubama =)

(Mods, I don't think this counts as a grammar issue.) ;)
  • I'm starting to get angry at Paqueta when he wastes a pass or pretends he's been badly injured. Where has the brilliant early season player gone??
  • edited November 2023
    Reminded me that of a game under Zola, where we lost 3-1 at home to Moyes’ Everton. We were 1-0 on 80 odd minutes & then got beat 3-1 in the last 10, after playing really well.

It’s not luck or fortune, his teams have a track record of doing it. Not playing great & winning or grabbing a last gasp win from defeat. That’s a mentality thing.
  • Lukerz said:

Honestly who cares about the performance? Two weeks of disrupted prep due to internationals. Players with various knocks. No Bowen. No Antonio. 3 points.

In all honesty, most teams are affected with players missing, all team were affected by the break, but in all reality it was a shocker of a performance if you watched the game you would have to agree....Yeh, we all over the moon with the points, don't have to agree that nobody cares about how we play though, just IMO of course....
  • Didn't see the 2nd half, why was Alvarez subbed, was it tactical change or to avoid a 2nd yellow card?
  • Didn't see the 2nd half, why was Alvarez subbed, was it tactical change or to avoid a 2nd yellow card?

Tactical. He and Ings went off for Mubama and Benrahma because we weren’t creating anything and Moyes rolled the dice. Fair play to him, by the way, he get flak for not making attacking changes, but he did it yesterday.
  • Just to clarify, I don’t mean nobody should care how we play ‘generally’.

I’m talking in the context of this away game, a busy period of the season & two weeks of disrupted prep, with our best & most consistent player absent. 👍
  • I think we might see us play better now the annoying International breaks are on the backburner till March.
  • Counting yesterday I think we have 9 games in 28 days
  • I really want to see more from JWP. There’s been very little creativity in his general play since his first few games. I think he was playing a more advanced role then but still, I don’t feel I see him creating much in open play. Lots of sideways passes. The ball for Paqueta in the Europa game is what we need more of from him. I’d also like to see him pull out a little wide and cross from deep on the right, a bit like Cresswell did really effectively in the lockdown season. He’s got more to offer than he’s showing recently, imo.
  • edited November 2023
    Tbh, what we've been seeing from him in the main in the last good few games is why I wasn't overly enthused about signing him; largely very average performances. He did start the season very well, but he's not really been anything special in most games since. I also think he needs to mix up his corners a little; from the left he always looks as though he's just trying to score directly from the corner and I feel we're strong enough in the air that we still offer a decent threat (even without Dawson) with the quality of delivery he's capable of.
  • Did play a crucial forward pass that got Kudus in a position to work his magic before the first goal.
  • I do find it weird why Moyes doesn’t give Cornet any minutes, ever.