Burnley Vs West Ham Sat 25th 3pm KO

Comments

• They're going to ground really easily, and the ref is buying it most of the time.
  • I thought that was a pen. Coufal looks like he moves his foot towards him and with no intention of winning the ball.

No way, Oleosho deliberately made contact with Coufal and dived.
  • Another needless yellow card for dissent from Alvarez. Moyes needs to get this behavior sorted out.
  • Real sleepfest
  • Not a penalty for me, very little movement towards the player and he knew he had no chance of regaining possession of the ball in any case so he was looking to go down.
  • Shocker, Ings is ineffective as a solo striker, who knew? Kudus and Coufel are the only ones who have stuck out for me.

Our only route to get anything out of this game is to hold out as we have offered absolutely nothing going forward.

I did chuckle at DM on the sideline, up and about, eyes positively maniacal and Nolan totally ignoring him
  • Penalty to Burnley, looked really soft in real time.
  • Deservedly behind. We've done nothing all game
  • There was some contact but yes, it did not look like a natural fall and he went down very easily indeed
  • edited November 2023
    At least they got into our area. Heading now for 4 successive away defeats and we look totally toothless and bereft of any ideas.
    How many games have we conceded in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
  • Looked less of a penalty than the one that wasn’t given, for me.
  • Hopefully it will wake us up a bit as we know what we need to do now
  • We'll, that's Kudus out of the MOTM running.
  • Burnley have conceded 30 goals in 12 matches before this. Surely we can trouble them more than this?
  • We seem to have woken up a bit.
  • What happened to Ings' hat trick? Hahaha

Not sure he's even had a hat-trick of touches yet.
  • Burnley likely to get a couple more on this showing. We can’t use the European excuse until next Sunday and most of our internationals either only played once or didn’t play at all so that’s not an excuse either.

Incoming! (One day. Maybe. Probably not.)
  • edited November 2023
    Benrahma and Mubama on for Ings and Alvarez. Guessing Soucek will drop back, Paqueta move central and Benrahma on the left.
  • Mubama and Benrahma on for Alvarez and Ings
  • Our away form is truly awful
  • We’ve made some rubbish striker signings the last 15 years or so, but my goodness Danny Ings has been a terrible signing
  • alderz said:

We’ve made some rubbish striker signings the last 15 years or so, but my goodness Danny Ings has been a terrible signing

And he seemed a sensible one!
  • edited November 2023
    Oh my, I get that a Ings was ineffective but I would have like to see him alongside Mumba, it literally seems that we only have one system of play, irrespective of whom we have available
  • edited November 2023
    alderz said:

We’ve made some rubbish striker signings the last 15 years or so, but my goodness Danny Ings has been a terrible signing

I have to console myself with the fact that he may have kept us up with his goals against Forest last season, but yeah, on stats alone, a dreadful signing given how we play.

Let's hope Mubama shows something in the half hour he's been given.
  • It's been dire so far...COYI
  • 70 minutes and still only one shot on target and only three in total.