Olympiacos (A) 17.45 Thursday 26 October. On TNT

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Why have we not got sponsors on our European shirts?
    Edit.
    Apart from JB sports on the sleeve.

Guess Greece don't allow gambling advertising

Like Villa in Poland
  • But the Olympiakos sponsor is a Greek betting firm ;hmm
  • And 1-0 down
  • Fornals doesn't seem to care ......
  • Second best
  • Fornals doesn't seem to care ......

Really?

• Key player will be 31yo captain AM/LW/EW Konstantinos Fortounis

Ahem...
  • A goal has been coming for some time. I’ve found this a very nervy watch and we need to up our game to get anything out of this.
  • edited October 2023
    Slacker said:

Fornals doesn't seem to care ......

Really?

It looked like it, he hardly made an effort to get near their player.. are you watching?
  • Slacker said:

Really?

It looked like it, he hardly made an effort to get near their player.. are you watching?
    Yup.

• Slacker said:

Slacker said:

Really?

Yup.

I'm sure he does care, but did little to show it defending or making an effort, it's just an observation Slacker, nothing more........
  • The Ings deal is really looking like a poor deal.
    Fair play to his agent though, because the wedge he is on and contract he got off the back of it was really good for him.
    But Ings absolutely looks like he is on the wind down in his career, doesn't look in shape at all and has that demeanour of a few strikers I have seen at this club over the years; that trudging around, not prepared to drag defenders, create space, just existing in time and space looking to the next pay cheque.
  • Got to be looking at starting Mubama over Ings for me.
  • Benrahma has not look good playing centrally
  • Had seen some calls for Mavropanos to replace Aguerd but he’s not looking close to him right now.
  • Oh dear.....2-0 down. OG.....
  • This is a disaster. They don’t need our help to beat us as they’ve been quicker and stronger all over the pitch since kick off.
  • If I am being honest JWP's corners have been woeful tonight......
  • edited October 2023

The Ings deal is really looking like a poor deal.

I suppose the best way to look at it is that without him we might have been relegated, so the cost of signing him and his wages for the 2 and a half years of his contract is a pittance compared to a relegation. I agree though, that possibility aside he's done very little, and, more importantly, he's probably a factor in us not signing another CF in the summer.

• Had seen some calls for Mavropanos to replace Aguerd but he’s not looking close to him right now.

Pretty hard to judge a player on 45 minutes though really innit?🤷🏻‍♂️

• Bowen on for Ings and Paqueta for Fornals if we want to have a serious chance of turning this round ( IMO )
  • Oh dear, oh dear!. Carrying on from where we left-off against Villa. Clueless, no pressing, intensity, threat. Can't think of anyone who has played well so far. Need some heavy guns and change of tactics.
  • Gone pear shape the last couple of games
  • Our defence has been poor all season
  • After our first few games I was of the mindset that this season was going to be different and we could be optimistic going into games. After Sunday and so far tonight I’m having that we are likely to lose feeling about games.
    We were a poor second best against Villa and the same again tonight.
    Reading Moyes and some of the players comments about how they’d done their homework on Olympiacos and knew what to expect and how to deal with it. So far they’ve not shown any sign of that.
  • steve said:

Gone pear shape the last couple of games

We have won just once in the last 5 EPL games and are losing the benefit of a good start.
  • No changes ,Really after that first half
  • This has last season EPL form written all over us. Boring to watch, I'm switching off.
  • Not sure what's happened to Fornals, but he looks lost IMO
  • Slacker said:

Had seen some calls for Mavropanos to replace Aguerd but he’s not looking close to him right now.

Pretty hard to judge a player on 45 minutes though really innit?🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep exactly. Think we need to see more of him to know if he can challenge Aguerd.