OK, let's have the 'other teams' match thread for the August Bank Holiday weekend.

13»

Comments

• Talk about throwing it all away. What are Newcastle doing?
  • Nobody likes to see that.
  • 2-1 Liverpool, who'd have thunk it?
  • I love seeing Klopp on days like these. One nil down, and a red for VVD.

That aged well, he'll be even more insufferable than usual now.

• Just waiting for Baz to come on here =)
  • edited August 2023
    Baz from this

to this.....

Still not a Klopp fan.........he just has that ability to make you cringe, enjoy the weekend Baz ( all in good humour, as long as WHUFC are winning, the rest is irrelevant IMO....
  • Perhaps we should all stay off here ,Just let Baz talk to himself =)
  • What a surprise, Klopp reckons VVD didn't touch the player hahaha
  • And it's only a one game ban.
  • And it's only a one game ban.

Why? Wasn't it a straight red?

Oh, wait, not violent conduct type thing?

But he did swear at the referee...
  • Well I would definitely give him extra games because he gave the ref and fourth official both barrels.
  • It’s a one game ban for the “professional” foul but can be increased to two or three for dissent, abuse etc. Something wrong if he doesn’t get three given his behaviour afterwards.
  • How long before ‘Howe out’ starts?
  • We’ll never know if it was a goalscoring opportunity because he wiped him out before he had a chance to find out.

He was past the last defender, ball at his feet, with just the keeper to beat. I take that as a goalscoring opportunity.
  • It was a clear red card, for me.
  • Talk about throwing it all away. What are Newcastle doing?

Off with their heads! =)
    Oh wait, just kidding, that's just an expression. =)
  • No love for Liverpool but the Sunderland side of my family certainly enjoyed themselves,

For me, Newcastle threw it away, dominating possession but even when against ten, few were willing to take responsibility.

Taking Gordon off was strange, he was the only one willing to have a go and was having a stormer.

Ho hum
  • It's ok, Eddie Howes a magician apparently.
  • Some would say Saint hahaha
  • City win drops us to second place. Moyes out!
  • Didnt get to watch any football today but it was enjoyable reading all this after the event :) Will watch highlights before I make a statement on VVD red and possible one for TAA I appreciate both of them for having 3 letter names (also our own JWP :) )
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66650729

VVD charged by FA for abusive language.
  • Lets hope its a 3 game ban
  • edited August 2023
    They were shipping goals with him so a combination of Gomez, Konate (if hes fit) and Matip wont do much worse...