OK, let's have the 'other teams' match thread for the August Bank Holiday weekend.

edited August 2023 in Other Teams & Matches
Starting tonight with Chelsea v Luton.

All eyes on Reece Burke O.o

Comments

• Ross Barkley in the Luton team .Whats that all about .To think we were link with him not so long ago .Shows how far we have come
  • steve said:

Ross Barkley in the Luton team .Whats that all about .To think we were link with him not so long ago .Shows how far we have come

Also shows how far his stock has fallen
  • come on Luton
  • Chelsea have signed about 300 players the last couple of windows, and I haven’t heard of half of their bench.
  • Chelsea 1 up , so that's that then
  • If anything it just shows how massive we are
  • We're not just any Massive, we're M&S Massive!
  • To be fair Luton are doing okay ,Or Chelsea are just plain bad =)
  • Curse of the commenter. 👀
  • Luton had Reece Burke in the starting XI, hooked at 77 minutes,

Ross Barkley was replaced by Pelly Ruddock

Dan Potts is out injured

Luton = WHUFC rejects

• Luton = WHUFC rejects

No. WHUFC = Luton feeder club.
  • Spurs 2 up at Bournemouth.

1 point from 3 games, Iraola might be wondering if he should have he'd stayed in Spain (and the owner might be wondering if he should have stuck with Gary O'Neil)
  • Gary O'Neil's on 0 after 2 games, so perhaps not
  • man u 2 down =)
  • steve said:

man u 2 down =)

Go forest!
  • Good game to watch at Man U, Forest look really effective on the counter, Man U look good going forward but really poor defensively, caught out ball watching and not tracking the runner on a number of occasions
  • Man U back to 2-2 and Forest now down to 10, they were a bit unlucky imo, worrel certainly pulled him down and knew exactly what he was doing, but I am not convinced that it was a straight red, there was a covering defender and it was far from certain that the attacker would have got the ball.

Now Man U have a penalty and it is 3-2
  • Brentford keeper poor for the Palace equaliser after making a couple of very good saves earlier on. 1-1 atm.
  • Fulham go down to 10 men and then equalize.
  • I was out all day, just got back for our 2nd half.

I can tell I'm going to enjoy catching up on all the other matches. 'cept Spurs, maybe.
  • Just watching MOTD and the ManU v Forest game has made me realise I don't understand the offside rule at all - how was Casemiro's goal not offside? He was standing in what I thought was an offside position when Bruno headed the ball to him for him to then score.
    Can someone please explain?
  • edited August 2023

Just watching MOTD and the ManU v Forest game has made me realise I don't understand the offside rule at all - how was Casemiro's goal not offside? He was standing in what I thought was an offside position when Bruno headed the ball to him for him to then score.
    Can someone please explain?

Without having seen it, I woulda thought the answer was obvious; it's Man Utd.

Edit: Having watched it, Casemiro was behind Bruno at the point where Bruno headed/passed it.
  • edited August 2023

As long as you're behind the player with the ball (which Casemiro clearly was here), you're not offside regardless of defenders.
  • Ball goes backwards :+1:
  • But he was in an offside position when Bruno received the ball or is that not offside?
  • Buffy, yeah I had seen that, but I couldn't find out how that is ok when I read the offside rule on the FA site. Obviously, I've not understood the rule.
  • LAW 11: OFFSIDE

A player is in an offside position if:

- any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and

- any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

Casemiro was behind the ball so not offside
  • LAW 11: OFFSIDE

A player is in an offside position if:

- any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and

- any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

Casemiro was behind the ball so not offside
    Ah, right. Cheers ASLEF.
  • Is Wolves away strip red with green bits because they have a lot of Portuguese players?

Everton, three games, no goals, no points. No wonder Twinny the Toffee looked glum when I got to the pub yesterday
  • You have to enjoy the Maddison bants 😁 -