Pre-Season games 2023-24

Comments

• Guessing Exeter, to narrow it down slightly
  • Even better in Suffolk. It’s a much shorter journey!
  • Read that Cornet hasn’t traveled to Oz,what’s going on there?….

That is disappointing news. It could be that he's got his own pre-season training program tailored around his injury and it was felt more important that he follows that that program than take a long trip to the other side of the world.

That is disappointing news. It could be that he's got his own pre-season training program tailored around his injury and it was felt more important that he follows that that program than take a long trip to the other side of the world.

Let’s hope that it is 👍🏻
  • Looking at the squad we’ve taken to Australia, any point in playing games?
  • edited July 2023
    I got the impression from Moyes' presser that he isn't too happy about the trip. Mentioned jet-lag twice, which is something I hadn't even considered. Basically lose a day either side of travelling to getting over the flight, which isn't ideal when you're trying to get your players to peak fitness levels.

I could understand it if we were out there for a month and had a mini tournament with a full squad against high level opposition, but it's two games against the 9th best team in Australia and some pub team from North London with a squad consisting of mainly youth team players.

Strange choice, IMO.

He's certainly working hard if his Instagram account is anything to go by. Running hard so looks to be fit. There's been some conjecture as to why he isn't in Australia; he was called up by the Ivory Coast for their game in June but didn't make the squad so probably could have gone, but I guess the most obvious reason is he's on his contracted holiday.
  • Just a reminder that our game v Perth Glory is at 11am this morning, and is available free on the OS as long as you have an account registered there.
  • edited July 2023
    Fabianski (c)
    Laing - Zouma - Luizao - Emerson
    Chesters - Downes - Potts - Fornals
    Ings - Scamacca

Ogbonna, Cresswell, Bowen on the bench.

Team to start v Perth Glory
  • Lukerz said:

Fabianski (c)
    Laing - Zouma - Luizao - Emerson
    Chesters - Downes - Potts - Fornals
    Ings - Scamacca

Ogbonna, Cresswell, Bowen on the bench.

Team to start v Perth Glory

Thin bench, only 3 on it 😂🤣😂.

Coverage has started on OS.
  • Well, that didn't take long...
  • Early goal for us, surely an OG.
  • First goal of the post-Rice era scored by *checks notes* Darryl Lachman
  • Potts is literally Rice
  • Lukerz said:

Potts is literally Rice

West Ham social media is certainly trying to make that comparison.
  • I might have mentioned this elsewhere on another thread, but I think our kit is really meh this season.
  • OS stream seems to have stopped working.

Irons.
  • Working for me, 2-0 now, Scamacca penalty.
  • 2-0 Scamacca pen

Ridiculous flick to set up the winning of the penalty
  • It’s a back 3 with Chesters & Emerson as wing-backs.
  • good to see Earthy on the bench looked a quality player in that FA Youth Cup final. Heard he is tipped for big things too. Lets hope his development is still on that upward trajectory
  • Scamacca was gifted a chance but blasts it over.
  • Good save by Fabianski from a header.
  • 2-1, an OG against us just before HT.
  • Interesting to see the formation. Not sure if that's been determined by who's available or whether it's indicative of what Moyes is looking at for next season.

Chesters has been heavily involved on the right. Playing very high, which I'm not sure is Coufal or Kehrer's strength, so I wonder if that's why we're being linked with Aarons 🤔

Some nice play on show, and played at a decent pace.
  • 3-1, Bowen.
  • 4-1 Emerson
  • 4-1, Emerson