FA Cup Final

Comments

• Ridiculous pen
  • The handball rule is an absolute disgrace, honestly.
  • edited June 2023
    Utd penalty on VAR review. Harsh, but consistent with how handballs have, on the whole, been given this season.

But yes, the handball rule needs a complete overhaul.
  • Isn't it the application of it that's the issue?
  • MrsGrey said:

Isn't it the application of it that's the issue?

Not really, his arm was away from his body, so, as things stand, it was probably the correct application of a poor rule, imo.
  • How can a professional referee, with the benefit of a slow motion review, call that deliberate?
  • That's what happens when you don't take advantage of your superiority. You have to take your chances.
  • I just hate United even more 🤬
  • edited June 2023
    MrsGrey said:

How can a professional referee, with the benefit of a slow motion review, call that deliberate?

Because it doesn't have to be deliberate, that's not necessarily needed for it to be judged handball these days.
  • And once again, if the keeper could just keep his cool and await the ball actually being struck, that penalty was very savable.

I really, really dislike fernandes
  • And that ladies and gentlemen in a nutshell is why I hate Manchester utd. Oh apart from the fact that my soppy brother in law from the south coast supports them and he’s been lording it over me for years.
  • What's Grealish supposed to do with his arms. Just don't see how that is a penalty.

Remember the one we didn't get against United? Much more blatant, IMO. Maddening how there appears to be zero consistency.
  • Based on the rules, it doesn’t have to be deliberate, and Grealish’s arm was up in the air, so it’s a penalty. The fact the rules would give that as a penalty is just a massive indictment of the rule in its current form, IMO.
  • Wow. Now City have a penalty shout turned down by the ref and VAR. Looked like a foul to me.

Arguably three VAR calls gone United's way in this first half.
  • It’s not arguable, they have all gone their way. Personally, I think all three have been the correct call (though - again - I think the handball rule has to be changed because it’s appalling!)
  • Wow. Now City have a penalty shout turned down by the ref and VAR. Looked like a foul to me.

Arguably three VAR calls gone United's way in this first half.

As much as I dislike Man Utd, I think all three, given the current rules, were probably correct.
  • Not a yellow card imo
  • I try really hard to be objective with these things. Genuinely think the first two were wrong and the third 50/50 at best.

But now AWB is booked for absolutely nothing.
  • Roy Keane showing what a muppet he is; rather than saying it's a penalty under current laws but very harsh, he's adamant Grealish could have kept his arm out of the way.
  • Roy Keane showing what a muppet he is; rather than saying it's a penalty under current laws but very harsh, he's adamant Grealish could have kept his arm out of the way.

I don’t mind them having an ex player from each side, but they should at least try a little to not be completely partisan
  • De Gea is terrible. He’s so flat footed these days.
  • Get in, City score again.
  • edited June 2023
    Gundogan now needs to volley a header in from outside the box for the perfect perfect hattrick
  • Ravel49 said:

Gundo bosh

Double bosh 💪
  • Crikey.
  • MrsGrey said:

Crikey.

Please restrain yourself Mrs G. this is a family friendly forum 😂🤣😂.
  • How much did they pay for Sancho? He’s been awful. He can’t seem to control the ball. Or pick a pass. Or shoot. Or run.
  • MrsGrey said:

Crikey.

An upgrade on ‘yay’ 🎉
  • Well I rather enjoyed that, especially that that nice Bruno Fernandes ended up on the losing side.