Thought this merited it’s own thread.

Blue moon,

You saw me standing alone

Without a dream in my heart

Without a love of my own.

Blue moon

🔵🌙

Comments

• I want City to lose, but I also don’t want United to win.
  • Personally I want Citeh to do the treble.
    I don’t know any Citeh fans.
    However I know plenty of glory hunting United fans who have no connection to the club but chose them as they were the best team when we were growing up in the 90’s
  • Just hope it’s a decent match after Wednesday’s horror show.
  • Come on City!!!
  • I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand the love for City at all.

They’ve bought their way to where they are, they’ve got all manner of financial doling charges against them, and the money is entirely from a regime that tortures its citizens. Yet because Guardiola’s their manager people are just fine with it all?

Makes no sense to me. City, PSG, Newcastle. These are teams that I want to lose and lose and lose.
  • alderz said:

I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand the love for City at all.

They’ve bought their way to where they are, they’ve got all manner of financial doling charges against them, and the money is entirely from a regime that tortures its citizens. Yet because Guardiola’s their manager people are just fine with it all?

Makes no sense to me. City, PSG, Newcastle. These are teams that I want to lose and lose and lose.

Could be more to do with the fan base IMO
  • edited June 2023
    I like the team. Their players and manager are very likeable imo. Also their fans seem a decent bunch in general Since I've been into football they have supported thier team well when they have been way down the divisions. Imo the financial side of things has no relevance to their fan base. Where as the Man U etc fans seem like a pretty despicable bunch in the whole.
    Just my view
  • Ald, what happened if West Ham was taken over by owners like the ones you have mentioned?
    Would you stop supporting? Not a dig, just interested?
  • Ham bang on the money
    Fans can’t control who owns the club
  • I'm working. Meh
  • alderz said:

I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand the love for City at all.

City were always the put upon little brother of Man Utd, winning little whilst their neighbour won everything and lauded it over them, yet always had a decent following. I think there's always been a healthy respect for their fans, and so many don't begrudge them their days in the sun now.

It also helps that they, in general, play very attractive football, and don't have an extremely annoying manager like Klopp or Arteta, or personalities of the likes of Fernandes in their squad.

• Hamstew said:

I like the team. Their players and manager are very likeable imo. Also their fans seem a decent bunch in general Since I've been into football they have supported thier team well when they have been way down the divisions. Imo the financial side of things has no relevance to their fan base. Where as the Man U etc fans seem like a pretty despicable bunch in the whole.
    Just my view

I've always seen pre-money City as similar to West Ham. Both clubs historically the poor relation, little success, but both very well followed.

The fans certainly seem to be more genuine than the Man Utd and Liverpool plastics that I grew up with, although they'll obviously have a generation of them now.
  • Ravel49 said:

Ald, what happened if West Ham was taken over by owners like the ones you have mentioned?
    Would you stop supporting? Not a dig, just interested?

I ask myself this a lot, because I’m fully aware that it’s easy to be principled and idealistic when you’ve got no skin in the game. Honestly, I think I would find it impossible to turn my back on West Ham, and I would just have to feel dirty.

Also, re the fan bases; I do understand and agree to a point. I used to think of City as a similar club to us, but those days are long gone, tbh. I knew plenty of Chelsea fans that weren’t awful (i know, I know, but just take my word for it) but it doesn’t give them a free pass for buying success either. No matter how much I dislike a fanbase, I will always be against a team that has completely bought their success. Not to mention the fact City are turning the Premier League into a one horse race like all the other European leagues.
  • alderz said:

I would just have to feel dirty.

• What's Jamie Vardy got to do with it?
  • alderz said:

Not to mention the fact City are turning the Premier League into a one horse race like all the other European leagues.

I know they've won 5 of the last 6, but Arsenal threw it away this season, and Liverpool lost by a single point in two other seasons; it's not quite the dominance the bare stats might suggest.
  • alderz said:

Not to mention the fact City are turning the Premier League into a one horse race like all the other European leagues.

I know they've won 5 of the last 6, but Arsenal threw it away this season, and Liverpool lost by a single point in two other seasons; it's not quite the dominance the bare stats might suggest.
    Maybe. I personally don’t know how close any of the bundesliga seasons have been during Bayerns reign of terror, but the fact is that the history books point to a dominance of one side, and that’s what the Premier League’s history will show too.
  • Gundo bosh
  • Hahahaha
  • Route one. Love it.
  • Wow, just wow
  • alderz said:

Maybe. I personally don’t know how close any of the bundesliga seasons have been during Bayerns reign of terror, but the fact is that the history books point to a dominance of one side, and that’s what the Premier League’s history will show too.

Apart from this season when they won on goal difference, there's only been one season where they won by less than 8 points (2 points in 2018/19) in the last 11 seasons.

As someone who's been watching the PL for the last 6 seasons, surely you can't have missed the 3 really close battles with Liverpool, or this season against Arsenal who had the title in their hands and threw it away?
  • alderz said:

Apart from this season when they won on goal difference, there's only been one season where they won by less than 8 points (2 points in 2018/19) in the last 11 seasons.

As someone who's been watching the PL for the last 6 seasons, surely you can't have missed the 3 really close battles with Liverpool, or this season against Arsenal who had the title in their hands and threw it away?
    No, of course I didn’t miss them. But those being close seasons doesn’t mean anything, IMO. It just feels like there is just an inevitability that they will win stuff, and I hate it
  • 13 seconds.
    City playing hoofball ;)
  • I guess my point is that when it's that close, it's not inevitable that City will win.
  • edited June 2023
    @alderz, It could be worse as certain other teams could win it.
  • @alderz, It could be worse as certain other teams could win it.

Personally, I’d take variety over monopoly, even if it meant some of the teams I particularly don’t like won it every now and then.
  • Red card, surely.

VAR clear it, because, y'know, United.
  • Red card, surely.

VAR clear it, because, y'know, United.

I think it would have been pretty harsh, personally. Probably a yellow for me. Definitely not a free kick to United though.
  • City seem to have perfected this game of ours, comfortable in possession, they work hard when not and in Harland, they have a force of nature, he has come close twice and City are pretty much dominating the game