Autumnal Transfer Speculation, aka Declan Rice Transfer Rumour Bingo

12345679»

Comments

• I dont know the extent of Scamacca's injury but I'd still like us to sign another striker. Maybe one that scores goals would be nice too.
  • edited December 2022
    Bazshuayi said:

Maybe one that scores goals would be nice too.

Wrong forum Baz, this is West Ham not Liverpool 😂🤣😂. Since when do our strikers score goals?

• Bazshuayi said:

Maybe one that scores goals would be nice too.

Wrong forum Baz, this is West Ham not Liverpool 😂🤣😂. Since when do our strikers score goals?

• Wow, what a rogues gallery.
  • Those were just off the top of my head, there’s almost definitely more that could be on there. Piquionne, Boriello, Robbie Keane to name another couple.
  • It was just a Christmas wish!!
  • Maybe it'd be easier to list strikers that actually scored for us regularly???

I'll start with three...

David Cross, Pop Robson and of course Tony Cottee
  • Bazshuayi said:

Maybe it'd be easier to list strikers that actually scored for us regularly???

I'll start with three...

John Hartson, Marlon Harewood and Demba Ba
  • Vic Watson
  • Paul Kitson & Frank McAvennie.
  • Antonio obvs.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Maybe it'd be easier to list strikers that actually scored for us regularly???

I'll start with three...

Geoff Hurst?
  • I really hope Scamacca works out as he looks like he has such a lot of natural ability. At times he looks the most natural striker we have had since Demba Ba put in an appearance.
  • I think Scamacca has everything about him to become a proper cult hero in the Di Canio or Tevez mould. There’s something about him that I really like. I remember seeing him come on against England in (I think) a friendly in the summer, and thinking that this guy looks good and that I’d love him at West Ham, but thinking he would probably be beyond us. I want it to work out so much.
  • 👍🏻
    I don’t think he will be here beyond the summer
    I think Victor Osimhen of Napoli will move on and they will look to replace him with Scam the man
  • West Ham have their eyes open in the market, but increasingly likely to be a quiet window following the record spend in the summer. Manager David Moyes has re-iterated his new look squad needs time to gel. There has been lots of talk about Declan Rice's future - he won't leave in January, but he could be one of the big stories in the summer. West Ham have a few injury concerns in defence and do not want to let anyone go - however, right back Vladimir Coufal is growing increasingly frustrated with his limited game time. He could be one to watch in January.
    Dharmesh Sheth

How much have West Ham spent recently?
    West Ham spent more than £150m on new players in the summer, with Lucas Paqueta, Nayef Aguerd, Gianluca Scamacca and Maxwel Cornet all arriving for big fees.

There was no January transfer window purchase for the Hammers last year, so do not be surprised if it goes a similar route this year.

What issues do West Ham need to address?
    David Moyes knows full well that West Ham's improvement comes down to raising the on-pitch quality of the players he already has and getting key men back from injury, rather than looking elsewhere.

Because of their major summer influx, the Hammers will likely shift more players than they bring in this January. Should a squad player like Coufal leave due to a lack of game time, a new player in that position could be targeted.

There is also room for a new midfielder to play as back-up to Declan Rice, Tomas Soucek and Paqueta, with only Flynn Downes acting as adequate back-up.

Speaking of Rice, there will be plenty of talk about his future after another solid major tournament outing for England at the World Cup, but that may be one for the summer.
    Sam Blitz
  • Chelsea are best placed to sign England midfielder Declan Rice as the 23-year-old enters the final 18 months of his West Ham contract. (Athletic - subscription required)

Angers and Morocco midfielder Azzedine Ounahi, 22, has said he is yet to decide on his future, despite interest from Leicester, Leeds United and West Ham. (Goal)
  • That absence of recent Rice news was really blown out of the water by this bombshell! (this mans a genius for getting someone to print and pay for this insider exclusive surely)
  • Bazshuayi said:

That absence of recent Rice news was really blown out of the water by this bombshell! (this mans a genius for getting someone to print and pay for this insider exclusive surely)

It’s also pretty incorrect to say the final 18mths when we have an option for a year. Not great reporting, which is unlike the athletic
  • edited December 2022
    Pointless drivel from Moyes if he did say that. There'll be no fight. He wants to win and he wants to go and all we can do is try to get as much money as we can

I'm sure all interested clubs know we will enforce the extra year on the contract. IMO we should maximize what we get for him by selling him this summer. Try n buy that overweight lad at Man City to replace him :)
  • I’d rather keep him for another two seasons & let him go for free.
  • Sell him in the summer, I'm fed up to the back teeth when and where he's going, just sell him.
  • Lukerz said:

I’d rather keep him for another two seasons & let him go for free.

Whilst I understand what you're saying, and I do agree that players have too much power and can effectively force a move even if they've only recently signed a new contract, I don't think having a player of Rice's quality here when he really wants a move, bearing in mind how well he has played for us, does either him or the club any favours.

If we looked like kicking on, and another 2 years of Rice with the club on an upward trajectory could help attract better players, then fine, but that hardly seems where we're at atm.
  • I'd sell Rice in January. Not that I don't rate him but the longer we're a one man team the poorer we will become.
    There's a saying something like a persons/teams strength is also their weakness. Rice has pretty much become a QB type player and a lot of our slow play or backward passing is because most of it has to go through him, whether he's in the better position or not.
  • Just arrived in my inbox
    'Moyes buying Paquetá is like watching my Nan when she bought a Sky Q box.'
    🤣
  • HNY everyone. Have we signed anyone yet? =)
This discussion has been closed.