⬜🟩🟨🟩🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Transfer news on the Wordle thread.
    Wordle has been bought by the New York Times
  • Wordle 227 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
    🟨🟨🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I try and use a different first word every time - this was quite tactical but have previously gone for FLUKE and LUCKY in the hope of a whole in one.
  • Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wordle 227 2/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 227 2/6
    ⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Moojor said:

Wordle 227 2/6
    ⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pro
  • MrsGrey said:

Transfer news on the Wordle thread.
    Wordle has been bought by the New York Times

from the BBC article.
    "The newspaper publisher said the game would initially remain free to play."
  • "Initially"

Enjoy this thread while it lasts.
  • Wordle 227 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    🟨🟩🟨⬜🟨
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Getting worse
  • Wordle 227 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟨
    🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 227 3/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
    🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • edited February 2022
    I don't think it has a very long life in it, I see it as one of those school playground crazes that every one is absorbed in for a couple of weeks and then it's old hat. I don't see where it can develop - you could add longer words I guess.

I don't see many people paying for it should it end up beyond the NY Times subscription wall.

Loving it for now however.
  • There’s probably in excess of 50,000 5 letter words in the dictionary so it can go on for some years yet but it’s longevity depends on the New York Times who’ve just bought it. If they start to charge for it then I doubt it will last long.
  • edited February 2022
    The NYT already has a games subscription for their crossword and a few other word games. Some of them are free to play in a limited form. I suspect they don't care about its longevity as much as hoping it will drive subscriptions to their overall word games platform.

They also recently bought out The Athletic for a massive amount. They seem to be trying to swallow any start-up that can bring more people to them.
  • For the less tech savvy this is really a eVersion of Word Mastermind, a game from 1972. I wonder if the creators are looking into the validity of this transfer - dual ownership? πŸ˜†
  • edited February 2022
    I've mentioned this before, try Absurdle, it's much more challenging.

Wordle has become too easy. ;)
    Wordle 227 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 228 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
    β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 228 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
    🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 228 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Slight improvement
  • Wordle 228 3/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 228 2/6
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 228 2/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 228 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
    🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 228 3/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • I'm interested in those who got it in 2.
    Obvs good a good start in line 1.

But why you chose the next 2 you did, Ham especially as you got the 3 in a row ending. There are over 30 words to choose from, 10 of which are very common. Did your 2 wrong letters in line 1 help steer you?
  • Wordle 228 4/6

⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm interested in those who got it in 2.

But why you chose the next 2 you did, Ham especially as you got the 3 in a row ending. There are over 30 words to choose from, 10 of which are very common. Did your 2 wrong letters in line 1 help steer you?

Started again with RAISE. getting IS in the correct place makes the last letter guess a T.
    As IST was the first group of letters that come to mind to end a 5 letter word.

With no RA or E. I couldn't actually think of many words, first through was TWIST but I didn't want to repeat the T to start with. Then it was a case of choosing between moist, hoist and joist. Went with moist for no particular reason apart from it was the first of the 3 I thought of.

• Interesting. Thanks πŸ‘

Maybe I over think it, as I'd have been looking as endings of m and k and h as well.
  • edited February 2022
    MrsGrey said:

I'm interested in those who got it in 2.

I started with Waist. I actually spent a good few minutes trying different combinations until the correct word was the only word I could think of.
This discussion has been closed.