Hammers ⚒ v Canaries 🐤 - Wednesday 12/01/2022, 19:45pm

Comments

• Let’s hope we can make it five in a row on Sunday. We haven’t managed that yet I don’t think.
  • What's all this running through fields. A new one on me B)

Ploughed fields are best if you want to get furrowly fit =)
  • Very pleased. However we do need to be more clinical in the final third.

Real shame we can't buy a proven goal scorer to not only put away our chances, bear in mind we won't be playing Norwich every game, so the misses we racked up tonight will really haunt us moving forward & it would also put Antonio under pressure for his place.
    We’re 4th. We’ve only played Norwich once.
  • Thought Diop had a good game.
  • Very honest interview by Smith on SSN.
  • I’d like to dedicate this victory to Ham
  • Easy win, made it hard on ourselves but if we won 5-0 wouldn't have shocked me, so many golden opportunities

As others have said, Cresswell back in the team is such a bonus, he's just so solid and he carries such a threat when wide, some of those crosses were beautiful

Granted I haven't seen that much of Digne, but if we had signed him we'd have a £25mil and £150k a week Left Back sitting on the bench when Cresswell is fit, only a few in the league better than him

Even better knowing Zoumas return is just around the corner

Good performance, team looks fit and strong still and while losing Soucek to COVID and Said to the AFCON its a opportunity for a few to take their chances

Real shame we can't buy a proven goal scorer to not only put away our chances, bear in mind we won't be playing Norwich every game, so the misses we racked up tonight will really haunt us moving forward & it would also put Antonio under pressure for his place.
    Jorderz, Yes we still have to play them away! IF you can guarantee we will create as many chances v our main rivals for Europe, miss several of them, & still manage to win I will be delighted but some how I can't see that happening.

• I would be interested to know what VAR thought of Krul strangling Vlasic & why that was deemed fair.

Jorderz, Yes we still have to play them away! IF you can guarantee we will create as many chances v our main rivals for Europe, miss several of them, & still manage to win I will be delighted but some how I can't see that happening.

You know you can have a night off

We did alright against Chelsea. And Liverpool. And Spurs.
  • Lukerz said:

I’d like to dedicate this victory to Ham

Respect
  • Lanzini continues to shine. He gets better & better. I remember one heavy touch followed by a sloppy pass but that was it all game playing in a deep CM position.
  • Our highest ever points tally after 21 games in the PL.

We've scored 39 goals, bettered only by the three teams above us.
  • edited January 2022

Very pleased. However we do need to be more clinical in the final third.

How can the misses haunt us. We won, got 3 points.

If we'd scored more, we'd still have 3 points.

You think goal difference is going to be a thing, come the end of the season?
  • Fully deserved win that. A bit nervy until the second goal went in, but Norwich were pretty much full defence most the night.

I thought everyone played well, really.

Special shout outs to:

Bowen (Obvs). Gets himself into such great positions and has so much confidence at the moment. Debatably our most important player currently. Also for such a top attacking player, tracks back superbly. Couple of missed opportunities so still hope to improve, but what a player.

Cresswell. Such a delight to have him back. He completes/makes that left hand side. So much goes through him and he's so dependable. Again similar to Bowen, he's right up there as one of our most important players - we simply don't have cover thats half as good as him in his position.

Diop. Put himself about well tonight, no real mistakes, and was solid defensively IMO. Starting to improve on his forward distribution too which we've missed with Ogbonna out. I think having Cresswell next to him over the defensively weak Masuaku or the not natural side Johnson makes the world of difference and gives him the confidence to play better. Cress' authority and vocalising is far higher than his replacements and this I feel aids Diop greatly as well. Really hope Issa can push on now with a decent run in the side but alongside Cress.

Top 4 again.

COYI!!
  • ALSO big up to Fabs, who had pretty much nothing to do all game, then had a thunderstrike out of nowhere to deal with and pulled out a class save. Top, top concentration from the lad.
  • ALSO big up to Fabs, who had pretty much nothing to do all game, then had a thunderstrike out of nowhere to deal with and pulled out a class save. Top, top concentration from the lad.

Think that's a good point

Actually thought he had been on the wane the first half of the game we've played so far, not because he was making glaring errors, just felt the saves he was making were fairly routine, wasn't making those game winning saves he used to

But the last 8 or so games it looks like he's been making a few more of those saves that not every keeper would expect to save

Still feel for Areola who I think has looked really good when called upon
  • Next match thread needs opening
  • Peacock boogaloo two
  • Let’s hope we can make it five in a row on Sunday. We haven’t managed that yet I don’t think.

We did it earlier in the season

17 Oct Everton 1-0
    21 Oct Genk 3-0
    24 Oct Spurs 1-0
    27 Oct City 5-3 on penalties
    31 Oct Villa 4-1

We did it earlier in the season

17 Oct Everton 1-0
    21 Oct Genk 3-0
    24 Oct Spurs 1-0
    27 Oct City 5-3 on penalties
    31 Oct Villa 4-1
    We want six!
  • alderz said:

We want six!

We owe ManU one!
  • Bit better of a strange game really, I thought for long periods we were making hard work of it but at the same time we could’ve won 4 or 5 nil.
    Bowen was obviously MOM but I thought Lanzini was superb.
  • Regarding Bowen, who were the posters on here that were calling for West Ham to buy him? Step forward and take a bow. =)
  • If anyone's at home with free time, Sky are showing last night's game in full from 1pm ( now )
  • Just seen West Ham Clips

Dean Smith is the "make-a-wish" Mark Hughes

• As a postscript, Simon Hooper has reffed about four of our matches recently, and done a sound job in them all. No fuss, no major mistakes. How a ref should be....
  • As a postscript, Simon Hooper has reffed about four of our matches recently, and done a sound job in them all. No fuss, no major mistakes. How a ref should be....

Kuching, are you being sarcastic? That tackle by Krul on Vlasic would even have been a yellow and possibly a red card in Rugby.
  • BND, It was more like a wrestling throw.