Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• I actually gained a lot of respect for him and the way he handled himself. I’d quite like him to do better as a manager than Gerrard or Lampard.
  • I actually gained a lot of respect for him and the way he handled himself. I’d quite like him to do better as a manager than Gerrard or Lampard.

I agree that he's behaved very well through very trying circumstances. I never liked him as a player or a person, but he's gone up a bit in my estimation this season (I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear that 😂🤣😂).
  • Robert Plant at Glastonbury.❤️👍
  • Well they can't be called Wayne Rooney's Derby now. I wonder if the journos will now call them Nobody's Derby? =)
  • This year’s best flag award at Glastonbury goes to:

• edited June 2022
    I was thinking about over rated players who cost big bucks but delivered so little. Pogba springs to mind for me. The odd flash of brilliance but a massive self indulgent sulk. Mind you, could probably say that about alot of Utd key signings
  • Following the Cricket today and England's batting is just plain ridiculous. Bairstow and Root are batting at T20 speed of more than 8 an over and the Kiwis just dont know what to do.

Can Bairstow play football, too? Perhaps we can sign him up as a striker.
  • I'm watching it too, Bairstow has been in outrageous nick the last couple of matches, although this summer's balls have made middle order batting easier than usual.
  • edited June 2022
    That's a good point Buffy about the balls, that I don't think the commentators have picked up on, although you could ask why NZ don't seem to have benefited.
  • The whole series has been brilliant.
    Nearly 300 to win in the fourth innings?No problem.
    Wonderful stuff.
  • edited June 2022

That's a good point Buffy about the balls, that I don't think the commentators have picked up on, although you could ask why NZ don't seem to have benefited.

Mitchell and Blundell have scored an absolute shedload of runs, usually in at 5 and 6 (although 6 and 7 in this match) in this series.
  • In the 6 innings of this Test series, Bairstow scored a total of 25 in the first 3 and 369 in the second 3.
    I wonder what he's taking ;)
  • That's a good point Buffy about the balls, that I don't think the commentators have picked up on, although you could ask why NZ don't seem to have benefited.

Mitchell and Blundell have scored an absolute shedload of runs, usually in at 5 and 6 (although 6 and 7 in this match) in this series.
    Fixed it =)
  • That's a good point Buffy about the balls, that I don't think the commentators have picked up on, although you could ask why NZ don't seem to have benefited.

Mitchell, usually in at 5 for NZ (although 6 in the 3rd Test) was comfortably the leading run scorer in the series, with 538 runs. Root on 396 and Bairstow on 394 were marginally ahead of Blundell on 383 who batted at 6 before dropping to 7 for the 3rd Test.

This summer's Dukes balls really haven't been up to standard, and although it's the same for both sides, it has skewed the statistics somewhat, especially the scoring rates we've managed to achieve.
  • So nothing to do with a change of attitude then?
  • IronHerb said:

So nothing to do with a change of attitude then?

I'm not denying that's played a part at all, I just don't think the scoring would have been quite so fast, especially after the initial overs, with a more usual quality ball.
  • I think the pitches have improved in recent years. There was no chasing those totals on some of the fifth day pitches I've seen in years past! They just seem to be holding up much better, here and elsewhere. I suspect more chasing records will go in the next few years.

Also Kate Cross, daughter of West Ham man David, got 4-63 in the first day of their test match today against South Africa.
  • First day back in training.

At 2:57 you get a look at our new prospective signing being shown the facilities =)
  • When Benrahma's being told where to run ( up there, around there, follow the orange blah blah) he's paying as much attention as they do to those guys with the laminated set piece charts ( or iPads) when a player's coming on as a sub 😂
  • Maybe that has been Benrahma's problem, he's not been paying attention to what Moysie's been saying.
  • Ex Scotland goalkeeper (and cricketer) Andy Goram has died aged 58. No age at all.
  • Andy Goram always sticks in my kind because he was the first sticker I stuck in my World Cup 98 panini sticker book. RIP
  • On my way home from Silverstone. What a great race and what an amazing crash. So pleased Zhou is uninjured following a million to one set of circumstances. A late Christmas present but well worth the wait.
  • Goes to show what a great impact the halo has on racing safety
  • The cricket:
    Wow, just wow.
  • edited July 2022
    Stunning performance by England to chase down 378 for the loss of only 3 wickets. England's highest ever run chase in Test cricket.
  • And typically I'm in the office conducting interviews.

Not that I have the cricket on when I'm WFH, obvs.
  • And typically I'm in the office conducting interviews.

Not that I have the cricket on when I'm WFH, obvs.

Tbh, it was just more of the same, you didn't miss anything 😂🤣😂
This discussion has been closed.