Eagles 🦅 v Hammers ⚒ - Saturday 1st January, 5:30pm

Comments

• Given that first half, I’m not convinced we’re safe yet.

Arsenal flashbacks
  • Referee: Michael Oliver
    VAR: Chris Kavanagh

Hmmm. This VAR owes us a favour. What are the odds.

Cough, cough. ;)
    Michael Oliver was due to ref us....but isn't...
    Strange we have Darren England reffing us two matches in a row.....bizzare.....
  • God I love Lanzini

Agree with whoever said it earlier, gotta love seeing him back to close to his best

Was always a brilliant talent and went under the radar with Payets brilliance and he was just fantastic

But hes looking brilliant and it's great to see, has that X-factor to make a goal out of nothing which I don't think anyone else in our squad has
  • That was probably my favourite team goal and individual goal all in one. The build up was really good and the finish sublime. Love it.
  • edited January 2022
    Apparently this is the first time we’ve been 3-0 up at half time in an away Premier League game EVER
  • That was probably my favourite team goal and individual goal all in one. The build up was really good and the finish sublime. Love it.

The way it kissed the underside of the bar, too. Perfect.
  • On the OS

To quote a corker of a statistic from the team at BBC Sport: "This is the first time West Ham have led a Premier League away match at half-time by a margin of as many as three goals.
    "It is only the third time the Hammers have scored as many as three goals in the first half of a Premier League away game, after a 3-1 win at Blackpool on 2 February 2011 (3-1 at half-time) and a 3-2 victory at Wolves on 5 April 2021 (3-1 at half-time)."
  • How Lazini took that second goal was pure South American from past times, unconventional and brilliant.

As long as Moyes doesn't tell them so now sink deep we should be ok. I suspect he may do.
  • Just got to hope the ref doesn't try to even things up. No reason to, but he's had the Palace players and manager in his ear.
  • Arthur on for Ben....Playing it safe with the yellow card ?....
  • edited January 2022
    Masuaku on for Johnson.

Makes me very nervous defensively.
  • I can't see what Vieira is complaining about. Was it handball? Yes. Was it in the area? Yes. Then it's a penalty.
  • Arthur on for his defensive qualities 😀
  • Think that's safe

Looked great going forward but think he was looking a bit shaky and they seemed to be going down our left a lot

Bit harsh on him but probably smart
  • Benrahma has dark hair again because of his international manager. Funny.

Not really related to the game, but I'm a bit hmm about this. If I was Benni I'd be ' you want my goals, you accept my hair. I'm not going to validate your values that I don't share'.

• As long as Moyes doesn't tell them so now sink deep we should be ok. I suspect he may do.

He never does.but players can't seem to stop themselves.
  • I can't see what Vieira is complaining about. Was it handball? Yes. Was it in the area? Yes. Then it's a penalty.

The guy even flapped his arm at the ball when it span away from him. It’s about as blatant a handball as you can get.
  • Masuaku already losing it a couple of times.

Please get a left back this month.
  • Masuaku already losing it a couple of times.

I’d say Diop was more at fault for the first one
  • Arthur on for his defensive qualities 😀

Palace will have to go all out.. so we can hope to score more, and by posing a threat going forward get them to maybe be a bit less full on.
  • alderz said:

Masuaku already losing it a couple of times.

I’d say Diop was more at fault for the first one
    Please get a centre back this month.
  • Got to survive this first 15 minutes to take sting out of their belief in themselves.
  • edited January 2022
    Thought Manu had gone there for a moment
  • They keep getting in. Thankfully, so far, they've been hopeless in front of goal.

How slow did our back line look there though?
  • they should have had a least 5 by now
  • They’ve carved us apart so easily. Our defence is shocking yet again
  • We could be using most of our 2022 luck in one go here.
  • We could be using most of our 2022 luck in one go here.

This is just our leftover luck from 2021
  • Bowen been quiet today
  • Ayew falls over a lot still