West H@m @ Tottenh@m @ White H@rt L@ne C@r@b@o Cup Qu@rter Fin@ls @ 19:45 22/12/21

Comments

• There's always hope, Frodo
  • Since when has the 4th official started refereeing games?
  • Since Conte raging on the touchline, waving an invisible yellow card.

So. It's going to be like that is it.

• That’s moyes point
  • We just can't defend any more. Can see us getting beaten heavily here.
  • We need a left sided Cb as Arthur needs the help
  • Tbf we look dangerous everytime we go forward, just were all over the place defensively

Also, it's been done to death but Soucek is having a torrid season and not just scoring, his passing and decision making leaves a lot to be desired

Bowen, Vlasic and Lanzini looking dangerous
  • Benny for Ashby half time
  • I think we do alright in a back 3/5 when it’s our first choice players, but these lads (specially Johnson, Diop and Arthur) seem to be really struggling with it. I’d like to see Benrahma or Fornals on for one of the fullbacks and switch to a 4 at half time
  • We look fine but we look like a side with a reserve back five

Which is what we are
  • Benny for Ashby half time

I’d rather Masuaku or Johnson off rbh. Ashby has looked composed, at least
  • I’d leave Ashby on, maybe rest Johnson - coming back from injury and playing in (yet another) new position for him. He’s done OK, but I think it has knocked Dawson & Diop out of their comfort zone.
  • A reserve back five shouldn’t mean they become clueless as to how to defend. They all train together in the same way. They may make the odd mistake but Spurs are being allowed to stroll through.
    Not sure what Moyes can do to shake this up though.
  • Go to a back four & bring on Benrahma or Kral to get more control in midfield
  • Pretty even I thought, if it wasn’t for Lloris we’d be at least 2 up.
    Great pass from the world class Dier for our goal to be fair.
  • edited December 2021
    Lots of good quick play, a nice goal, good response to going behind

Spurs is all Kane & that’s really it

We do need some defenders in January as we get back four is struggling without Zouma/Ogbonna

Midfield still doesn’t do enough for me defensively, that’s Rice & Soucek
  • I think Kral is a good call, plenary of skill out there, Kral would help tidy up in midfield and maybe free Rice & Soufal up a bit
  • Don't think we've done badly generally, but defensively we haven't been up to standard and the goals we've conceded are both poor how close they could get to our goal
  • tight offside for their second but no VAR
  • I reckon Spurs will bring on Son second half because they’ll see that he will have the freedom of our final third so we need to shore up our midfield somewhat.
  • There will be no subs until after the 80th minute.
  • Liverpool reserves getting beaten, Chelsea reserves drawing so this cup could open up to a fairly comfortable route to the Europa League next year.
  • Yes time to be adventurous bring on Kral and let Rice or Soucek become a centre forward, both have proven they can find the net and without Antonio we need more threat.
  • A reserve back five shouldn’t mean they become clueless as to how to defend.

No. But they have to work also with the DMs. And when they aren't as experienced working together as a unit in a match situation ( much more intense and fast paced than training), a small error by 1 quickly escalates...
  • Yes time to be adventurous bring on Kral and let Rice or Soucek become a centre forward, both have proven they can find the net and without Antonio we need more threat.

Neither of them are anything like a CF, imo. Soucek’s threat mostly has been from arriving late into the box, and Rice’s brilliance is running with the ball from deep. Kral coming on might free them up to get further forward, but definitely to play up top, for me
  • edited December 2021
    Agreed but it’s errors by more than one that worries me. Also Diop, Dawson and to a lesser extent Arthur have all played many games with our DMs
  • why was that not a yellow on skipp
  • Not yellow, apparently.
  • Got sprinkled with some spare Harry Kane magic dust.
  • Because we didn't scream in the refs face.