West H@m @ Tottenh@m @ White H@rt L@ne C@r@b@o Cup Qu@rter Fin@ls @ 19:45 22/12/21

Comments

• Spurs people say the most stupid things =)
  • Congrats Preston. Just don't ask alderz to be best man. If his match threads are anything to go by, the speech would be very, very short.
  • Yeah and I'm marrying Scarlett Johansson next summer and ya'll invited. Hahaha

Oh Man!!!! What away to find out she's dumped me!
  • edited December 2021
    I think Colin Jost, her husband, might have an objection or three. =)
  • He's said he's fine with it if Dier becomes world class, which of course ain't going to happen 😄
  • edited December 2021
    Twitter suggests no Antonio & possibly no Bowen tonight (both COVID).

Not sure if that has implications for any other PL games coming up, if true.
  • Lukerz said:

Twitter suggests no Antonio & possibly no Bowen tonight (both COVID).

Not sure if that has implications for any other PL games coming up, if true.

The club Instagram post has Rice and Ashby featured, so I assume Ashby is playing
  • Is it on tv anywhere?
  • Is it on tv anywhere?

It's on Sky.
  • Lot of chat on twiterz that Antonio and Bowen have covid. More to follow.
  • Hamstew, Are we looking for a postponement if there are more to follow =)
  • edited December 2021
    So it looks like:

Areola
    Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Fornals - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    Vlasic - Benrahma
    Bowen

Seems to be a suggestion Bowen could be available
  • We've had a really rough draw in this competition. Man Utd, Man City, Spurs. It was alright when we were playing well but now it's annoying. Why couldn't we get Sunderland at home in the quarters?
  • edited December 2021
    What I would say is this side has regularly come up trumps in tough situations over the last two years (just under) & these reserve players have done us proud this season so, I’m going to be optimistic

COYI
  • Is it on tv anywhere?

It's on Sky.
    And it's liiiiiiiive 😁
  • My local has closed because there aren't enough punters, re-opening on Boxing Day when there's football all day

Going to have to watch at home with some tins
  • Three at the back with Johnson RCB, by the looks of it.

Or LB with Masuaku LW 🤔

Who knows. Ashby starts though, which is nice.
  • The team tonight is:

Areola, Ashby, Johnson, Dawson, Diop, Masuaku, Rice ©️, Souček, Lanzini, Vlašić, Bowen
    Subs: Randolph (GK), Noble, Fornals, Benrahma, Král, Yarmolenko, Baptise, Fredericks, Alese

How are we going to score?

Would have liked to see Oko-Flex get a few minutes but he is not in the squad.

Good to see Johnson, who is likely to play left-back which is not his best position, return and also Fredericks on the bench.
  • Spuds have named a very strong side.
  • Antonio has covid so unlikely to play Sunday either.
  • No strikers in the matchday 20. Surprised neither Perkins nor Oko-Flex could make a bench of nine. Do they have Covid too?
  • COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • A shame Kane is not suspended, as he should be.
  • I reckon Vlasic could have a big game tonight.
  • Liverpool and Chelsea have set up pretty weak ( for them) Hopefully Leicester or Brentford can take one of them out.
  • A shame Kane is not suspended, as he should be.

Tonight's ref, init.
  • So was Coufal suspended for this game do cards carry over to domestic cup comps ?
  • Weird that Declan skied that 45 yard free-kick. He's usually so dangerous from that area.
  • Looks like Ashby right of midfield