Burnley @ Turf Moor, Sunday @ 2

Comments

• Rice has led by example, Vlasic could do worse than just watch his off the ball workrate
  • Maxwell Cornet’s coat pockets are the worst I’ve ever seen
  • MIAHammer said:

Benrahma was starting to link up well with Masuaka on the left. Not sure Vlasic offers the same.

I hope you’re right, don’t want Vlasic to also waste 20 good positions.

• alderz said:

Maxwell Cornet’s coat pockets are the worst I’ve ever seen

• Dec MOM surely.
  • Aaron Lennon still plays?
  • That was scary!
  • Our corners have been poor today.
  • Our corners have been poor today.

It’s frustrating to have so many and see they aren’t working, but not changing our approach.
  • Jesus we should be winning these games
  • I hate Burnley. Always have.
  • Just not good enough if we have top 4 ambitions
  • edited December 2021
    A complete borefest. We are going to have to play 100% better against Arsenal on Wednesday.
  • Antonio does seem off the pace. Unfortunately we have no Plan B.
  • edited December 2021
    Did anyone notice around the 55min mark where Benrahma didn't give the ball away.
  • A complete borefest

I found the second half really entertaining, fbh. I’m amazed we didn’t score, but it happens. I’m probably more amazed that we squandered so many openings but didn’t end up losing it at the end
  • Disappointing result
  • Hamstew said:

Jesus we should be winning these games

What we could do with some proper competition for Antonio. Two points dropped but you usually get rolled over by Burnley so I suppose I should be grateful we didn’t lose. ☹️

• Disappointing game. Antonio doesn't look like scoring and looked very laboured. Has he recovered from form the last international outing? Benrahma lacked the decisive quality.
  • edited December 2021
    It’s disappointing as last year we beat them & played really well. So I compare by last seasons result. Two points dropped. I see us as now better & them the same.
  • We need Cresswell to get over this back injury
  • 14 corners all wasted.
  • Frustrating we made the wrong choice with the ball time and time again Antonio and benrahma wasting decent opportunities not even hitting the target most the time. Burnley offered little feels like 2 points dropped and I have wasted an afternoon watching that lol
  • Lukerz said:

We need Cresswell to get over this back injury

Where on earth is he? I thought he had a minor knock.
  • To be fair, A slightly disappointing result but I quite enjoyed it, we were on the front foot for the majority of the game, especially the second half. We just needed more composure with the final ball with Pope having a great game swallowing up everything we threw in. My takeaway is that we lacked the craft to change tack.

Vlasic did nothing wrong and he tracked back strongly which was good to see but he still failed to shine.

For me, Antonio is desperate to score, I fear he may be believing his own press a little bit and needs a word in his ear, Rice was awesome, what a player.

All in all, respect the point COYI
  • 16 shots 3 on target need to be more clinical
  • Still not sure how that was not a penalty when you see some of the other given this weekend maybe we should get Dawson to change his name to Salah
  • edited December 2021
    Arthur had a great game IMO, he did little wrong, but him and the rest seem so hesitant to actually cross the ball, for all the corners we had, we hardly threatened...

I actually thought we played ok, against a determined team who did not want to lose.

Benrahma frustrates me no end, Lanzini was tidy...

Rice and Bowen had very good games, we just failed with our final ball, touch, shot....

There were no bad performances for me IMO....just a few failed to fullfil their true ability...

COYI
  • We played decent and kept a clean sheet whilst Newcastle shipped four with no reply, never a bad weekend in our household:-)