Burnley @ Turf Moor, Sunday @ 2

If no one else is going to, I’ll start it.

Please note the masses of detail I’ve given.

Comments

• I haven’t got time to go through all of that.
  • Is alderz looking for a job in the No 10 press room with all of that info =)
  • edited December 2021

Is alderz looking for a job in the No 10 press room with all of that info =)

No. The info alderz has given is the truth.
  • Is it on TV?
  • I don't think it is yoyo.
  • Side picks itself (injury permitting).

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Lanzini - Fornals
    Antonio
  • Anyone know who we are playing this weekend? Also where, when and time?
  • Hamstew said:

Anyone know who we are playing this weekend? Also where, when and time?

Jorderz will know 👍
  • Going to this one , snowstorms notwithstanding.
    Lovely old ground Turf Moor it’s another one I’ve never seen us win at but then again that applied to Goodison until this season……..
  • They're showing Leicester City v Newcastle United instead
  • I'm pretty sure Alderz and Jorderz start more threads than anyone else. And they always end up losing.
  • Has anyone ever seen Alderz and Jorderz in the same room at the same time?
  • Burnley will be without Ashley Barnes (thigh) while top scorer Maxwel Cornet and CB Ben Mee face late fitness tests

Most likely...

Pope
    Lowton Collins Tarkowski Taylor
    Gudmundsson Westwood Brownhill McNeill
    Wood Vydra

Burnley have only beaten Brentford this season, drawn 7, lost 6 and they've only kept two clean sheets this, both goalless draws (Norwich, Wolves)

We did the double over them last season, 1-0 and 2-1, with Antonio scoring all three goals. He's scored 4 in 8 Premier League games against Burnley and another 2 in 4 in the Championship

There will be goals...
  • edited December 2021
    Hopefully Cornet isn't playing that guy is a huge spark for Burnley
  • Very modest lad apparently, doesn't like to blow his own trumpet
  • Hopefully Cornet isn't playing that guy is a huge spark for Burnley

More of a one man band.
  • Cornet, the professional footballer, bet he gets some lolly

Coat please
  • If Burnley go down even after the few games so far Cornet converted Right back to Striker honestly think he could take over the Antonio mantle. Maybe not as strong as Antonio but can shoot from outside the box !
  • I though Dennis at Watford could do a job for us.
  • I'm pretty sure Alderz and Jorderz start more threads than anyone else. And they always end up losing.

Just had a look at my match thread record (I’m supposed to be clearing out the loft so have some time to kill):

P 14
    W 8
    D 3
    L 3

Win % of 57%. You’re welcome.
  • Lukerz, how does the side pick itself? Never understood how this works.
    Does each player select himself or is each position collectively selected by the whole team ? I presume it has to be the former as the team collectively can't decide until they have been selected, presumably by themselves individually.
  • So 4 of the top 5 in the table won their game this weekend by one goal and that goal being a penalty. Odds on us getting one tomorrow to make it 5/5?
  • So 4 of the top 5 in the table won their game this weekend by one goal and that goal being a penalty. Odds on us getting one tomorrow to make it 5/5?

Nah, despite being 4th, we don’t count. It's the Super League 6 that matter to the authorities in this country.
  • Slacker said:

Going to this one , snowstorms notwithstanding.
    Lovely old ground Turf Moor it’s another one I’ve never seen us win at but then again that applied to Goodison until this season……..

Hi Slacker - BBC Weather forecast for Burnley looks decent - 12 degrees , gentle SW breeze , low chance of light rain.
    Enjoy the game
  • Brother_Sledge, That is called high summer in Burnley! =)
  • edited December 2021
    Not sure how to feel about this game. I would be a lot more confident if we had Ogbonna & Zouma playing but equally Diop & Dawson played against them last season & we won. They are also quite suited to the way Burnley play.

My worry with Burnley is I don’t ever see them as a ‘form’ or ‘confidence’ side. I don’t think their previous results or league position ever count for much when you play them. I think they always play to a same standard & at the same level. We have played them in the past where they have been on a horrendous run & then we have turned up & they’ve turned us over comfortably.

If we get the ball down, move it quickly, get our attacking players on the ball, you’d assume we’d cause them issues. It would also be a bit boost if Cresswell was fit.

Pressure is on to beat them given the other sides all won. Will be interesting to see how we go about it.

One thing to watch out for, Rice a booking away from a suspension. Would mean he would miss Arsenal. Rumours he will play in a back 3 if Cresswell isn’t fit.
  • Yes I remember wanting Rice to pick up his final booking prior to the City match as City away is the fixture I least expect to take anything from.
  • edited December 2021
    Looks like team is:

Fabianski
    Rice - Dawson - Diop
    Coufal - Soucek - Lanzini - Masuaku
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals
  • Hear its

Fab
    Coufal Diop Dawson Masuaku
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Lanzini Bennie
    Antonio

May be quite exposed down our left, fornals would offer more protection to masuaku
  • Needs must i guess