Brighton (H) - Weds 1st December, 7.30pm

Comments

• Oggy injury has cost us, Dawson on the right upsets the backline
  • We are going backwards at the moment and I think Rice can see it. He seems to be getting more frustrated as each game goes on.
  • 1 point from 9 not good enough and chavs next
  • That was utter trash.
  • edited December 2021
    We need Another front option to shake things up
  • Right result, we have just hit the buffers a bit, reinforcements needed in January
  • No way was Antonio’ goal offside, robbed
  • Ironically the best we played was when Brighton scored
  • Well that was a horrible watch. Poor all round really.

Our decision to not get another striker is looking more and more farcical. Antonio's form has dropped off but what options do we have? Vlasic has struggled. Yarmolenko is way off PL pace. Moyes and the board really dropped the ball on that one, IMO.
  • yoyo said:

We need Another front option to shake things up

And how long have we known that
  • edited December 2021
    We need to practice our shooting. We were through on goal a couple of times when we should have scored, and didn’t. And it seems we have no chance of anyone but Lanzini scoring from outside the box!
  • edited December 2021
    I’m dreading Saturdays game if we play like we did tonight. Chelsea are being held by Watford so won’t be happy. Antonio has been useless since he played for Jamaica and I would have liked to see Perkins for the last 10 minutes.
    We are a team of hard working players but when the going gets tough we are lacking in real quality, Bowen, Benrhama to name but two.
    Lanzini must start against Chelsea and hopefully Cresswell is fit.
    I’m sure Chelsea know of Lukaku’s liking for us and will play him.
  • We need a decent front man. Antonio great on his day but no consistency. Marking / closing down dreadful tonight.
  • I said when we brought Arthur on we were settling for the point because it seemed we didn’t have the belief to go on and win the game. That was a panic move to cover Lamptey but they gave him acres of space to cross for their goal. Maupay should have had a hat trick.
  • I can't see us winning Saturday, you never know, then thats no league wins in 4 games. Let's hope for a special display
  • Too many players out of form , main culprits IMO Benrahma and Antonio..
    Think it was a fair result, sadly…
  • I said when we brought Arthur on we were settling for the point because it seemed we didn’t have the belief to go on and win the game. That was a panic move to cover Lamptey but they gave him acres of space to cross for their goal. Maupay should have had a hat trick.

That was really frustrating. Moyes clearly appreciated the danger from Lamptey because both Fornals and then Masuaku were doubling up on him, but somehow we still contrived to give him enough space to cross for the equaliser.

I thought Johnson struggled at LB tonight, and I think Masuaku is a liability pretty much whenever he plays. Work to do in January.
  • Vlasic is a strange one. Antonio badly out of form and he can't get a look in.
  • It means I have to cheer on Utd tomorrow. Boy, that stuck in my throat
  • Still think it was exceptionally harsh to rule out the second goal. Firstly, there's no evidence to show Antonio touched it, or even played it. Secondly, their player played it back, so even if it did touch Antonio, he's not offside. Strikes me as a very poor decision.

Still very poor to let them score though, this is probably the most upset I've been all season.
  • Just about a fair result.It could easily have gone either way so a draw seems right somehow.
  • Vlasic is a strange one. Antonio badly out of form and he can't get a look in.

I get that there may be a case of the Benrahmas at play, allowing Vlasic time to settle, but at £30m and our only forward signing in the summer, we needed him to step up sooner, IMO.
  • I still our 2nd wasn’t offside, their no 15 played us on,,
  • Also, whilst I don’t buy Brighton’s pass/pass/pass approach, they are 7th & only drew 2-2 at Liverpool a few weeks ago. It’s a bad point now but don’t think we’ll see it that way in a months time.
  • edited December 2021
    Buffy based upon tonight’s performance I feel you’ll have a fair few more upsets to come. We are in a spell of poor performances which looks like may take some time to come through.
    I’ll be annoyed if they spout the usual about all being upbeat and bring on the next game etc because I think they need to have a good talk and get down to basics.
    Perhaps it’s simple though that teams are working out how to deal with us. Wolves and now Brighton have done it. How many goals have we conceded after 85 minutes.
    City always knew how to deal with us
  • I still our 2nd wasn’t offside, their no 15 played us on,,

I think it's because the keeper is out of the picture. There still needs to be 2 of their players goal side.
  • Buffy based upon tonight’s performance I feel you’ll have a fair few more upsets to come. We are in a spell of poor performances which looks like may take some time to come through.
    I’ll be annoyed if they spout the usual about all being upbeat and bring on the next game etc because I think they need to have a good talk and get down to basics.
    Perhaps it’s simple though that teams are working out how to deal with us. Wolves and now Brighton have done it. City always knew

Yes but that quite easily works both ways. Based on our Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs, Everton, Leicester performances there is more wins to come. Can’t cherry pick.

I am disappointed tonight but it ain’t the end of the world.
  • Antonio needs a rest.
  • Brighton are really becoming our bogey team, use to be Everton but no longer….
    Need to rest Benrahma and if possible don’t let Arthur on the field , twice he was bought on to do a job and failed…:
    A frustrating night
  • Exeter, I agree about Antonio but where is his direct replacement?

jay, Everton sold Lukaku that is part of the reason.