And so, the end is near - other PL games this week 14 May-16 May

13»

Comments

• alderz said:

I’d love to finish ahead of Spurs, I’d love top 6. I think we’ll do both, personally

Big call alderz. I can see them losing to Leicester, but I think they'll beat Villa. That means we would need 4 points from our last two, and based on our last few games that might be a bit ambitious.
  • Ironherb, No there isn’t is there. ☹️
  • alderz said:

I’d love to finish ahead of Spurs, I’d love top 6. I think we’ll do both, personally

Big call alderz. I can see them losing to Leicester, but I think they'll beat Villa. That means we would need 4 points from our last two, and based on our last few games that might be a bit ambitious.
    Yeah, maybe. No situation would particularly surprise me tbh
  • No, it's been one of those seasons. Just got to hope that the players can find a way to win. Really want that to be on Wednesday because the thought of needing a win in the last game of the season with 10,000 fans in the stadium...
  • edited May 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Yeah, but romance, fairy tale , the keeper's up.

No?

Tears at the end....

They are just people.

I get that a few here don't like Liverpool but what you said Mrs Grey totally nailed it for me. Even if it was a different team that I didn't particularly like, I believe the Allison goal/emotion/reaction would've still provoked the same response in me.

I said weeks ago Liverpool would stumble into the top4 playing well or not. Its not even my affection for them. We've looked tired/devoid of attacking threat after scoring goals for fun until recently. Our squad cant compete with the rotators and strength of those above and around us (and we held more than our own for most of the season). Just a case of running out of steam (plus having injuries to key players at the wrong time which highlights other teams squad depths). However, I am immensely proud of how we've gone about this season (the play/team spirit/effort etc). After the Everton defeat I allowed the dream to go. Yes, disappointment followed because a lot of us dared to dream we could do a sort of Leicester and barge past the big boys. But the disappointment didn't last too long because there were too many positives to take from the season for me.

I'd love it if we finish above Spurs and get 6th. But 7th would still be an achievement (and a position we'd have bit your arm off for if we'd have been offered it at the start of the season).
  • Regardless of where we finish I really hope we end the season on a high
  • Bazshuayi, it’s not just Liverpool. I find it disappointing that they could qualify for the CL yet again with 2 or even 3 other members of the greedy six. As I have said before it would have been nice for LCFC & us to have finished in the top 4. I hope Lille hang onto top spot in Lique Une and Atletico win La Liga. Good to see Inter Milan won Serie A just to stop the monotony of the same team winning those leagues. Shame Bayern won in Germany. 👍
  • Oh I agree Fortune, I believe most want to see different teams qualifying and winning cups etc. It's within most of us to support the underdog :)
  • Bazshuayi, it’s not just Liverpool. I find it disappointing that they could qualify for the CL yet again with 2 or even 3 other members of the greedy six. As I have said before it would have been nice for LCFC & us to have finished in the top 4. I hope Lille hang onto top spot in Lique Une and Atletico win La Liga. Good to see Inter Milan won Serie A just to stop the monotony of the same team winning those leagues. Shame Bayern won in Germany. 👍

I do know what you mean but Athletico And Milan were also part of the greedy bunch in their own leagues. Bayern were one of the giants that turned down the ESL so I'm personally happy to see them win.
  • I just want to finish above Leeds.
  • One more win gets us European football barring Everton overturning a 7 goal GD.
  • Two more wins & we could qualify for the Europa League. 🙏
  • Not if Spurs win both their games
  • Jorderz, I said "could" not "would". ok
  • I didnt realise Juve were 5th and could miss out on champs league football next season 😯
  • The main fly in the ointment there is AC Milan need to win at Atalanta, assuming Napoli and Juve both win. But let's hope so.
  • I want as many super teams as possible to demonstrate exactly why are not actually super. Arsenal and Juventus are doing a very good job of it at the moment.