And so, the end is near - other PL games this week 14 May-16 May

Comments

• That doesn’t happen often.
  • At least it makes it harder for the spuds to get CL football , very cloud etc etc
  • In fergie time as well BFS will be fuming
  • Really hate Liverpool
  • Got to say that was a moment, could turn out to be a really crucial goal as well, to be fair that was a cracking header, left the keeper no chance
  • I'm no fan of Liverpool but if you love football, you've got to enjoy that, surely?
  • Damn it....

Really don't want Liverpool to get top 4...
  • Lets just hope that took the stuffing out of west Brom
  • edited May 2021
    MrsGrey said:

I'm no fan of Liverpool but if you love football, you've got to enjoy that, surely?

Not really. This result and the Spurs win earlier means that six of the seven clubs that are now in pole position for the European competitions are the same clubs that decided not that long ago that those competitions were beneath them.
  • edited May 2021
    Yeah, but romance, fairy tale , the keeper's up.

No?

Tears at the end....

They are just people.
  • Mrs Grey i do love football, but did not injoy that.
  • It is funny but I think that goal will give them the boost they need to secure that final top four spot, I think they will certainly go on to win their next two games against Burnley and Palace
  • This actually puts the pressure on Leicester so they'll want to beat Spurs
  • edited May 2021
    That may just help us as we were unlikely to now finish above Liverpool even if they drew today, what it does is ensure that Chelsea and Leicester still need fight for their top four place. We need Chelsea to beat Leicester in their next match, this will mean Leicester must beat Spurs in their final match to have a chance of top four. Our realistic best hope now is 6th.
  • We need a striker, I wonder if Alisson fancies it!?
  • Thoughts on the disallowed West Brom goal? Looked incredibly harsh. Didn't we concede a goal where a player was in an offside position in front of Fabianksi? 🤔

And wasn't there 4 minutes of injury time and Liverpool score on 94:25?
  • Thoughts on the disallowed West Brom goal? Looked incredibly harsh. Didn't we concede a goal where a player was in an offside position in front of Fabianksi? 🤔

And wasn't there 4 minutes of injury time and Liverpool score on 94:25?

Usual stuff, the "Big Clubs" get the benefit of any possible doubt, it just makes me sick, the institutional bias in favour of them.
  • edited May 2021
    Everton one-nil down already. We could really do with a Sheff Utd win tonight.
  • Yep then a win for us on Wednesday pretty much gives us at least 7th
  • 17 year old goal scorer where do they find them 😂😂
  • Would be nice if Liverpool Spurs and Chelsea all lose and we win so it goes down to the final game for the final spot. :)
  • not often I want the blunts to do well, now is one of those times
  • Wow. The Blades have done us a huge favour there. We're basically one win away from finishing no lower than 7th.

Hope the boys can step up on Wednesday.
  • About time something went right for us this weekend
  • Quite a few permutations as Arsenal aren't out of the hunt, but 7th is now in our hands.
  • So long as we finish ahead of Arsenal I’ll be happy
  • alderz, As long as we finish no lower than sixth that we be ok. 7th is the small consolation prize if we can’t get any higher.
  • 7th is Europe. No pleasing some.
  • Still really really want to finish ahead of spurs
  • I’d love to finish ahead of Spurs, I’d love top 6. I think we’ll do both, personally. But I also really just want to finish ahead of Arsenal. Both my brothers are Arsenal fans, and for all of our lives West Ham have always finished lower than them. Finish above Arsenal, positive goal difference. That’s my dream!