Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Hams got that bottle of Zaha chilling ready

• I assume Nuno won’t be able to keep getting all the Portuguese talent unless it was purely about his own pull and scouting that got those players. It will be interesting to see how he does without them. He already has really good attacking players at Palace though, so it’s a decent base. They could be interesting next season.

Thought he would’ve been perfect for Arsenal. He’s a bit like Arteta in style but better

According to Transfermarkt (incl. players that have already left but played minutes for them in 2020/21) they have NINETEEN players leaving, from a playing squad of 33. Most of them are bit part players, but 2 of them played more than 2,000 minutes this season (Townsend & Ward), 5 played ore than 1,000 (van Aanholt, Dann, Schlupp, Clyne, Cahill), and another two played nearly 1,000 (McCarthy & Batshuayi).

Of their top 18 minutes played in the season (i.e. their matchday squad), they are losing 8 players.

They have so many players out of contract that on Transfermarkt you have to scroll to see the bottom of the list. Most of them aren't brilliant players or anything, but it's a HUGE rebuilding job. And of those who aren't out of contract this summer, only Eze and Zaha are valued at more than €10m by Transfermarkt - which isn't often accurate, but does give you an idea of the likely marketability of players. They need serious investment
  • So it's going to take more than a couple of brillo pads and a packet of wotsits then?
  • So it's going to take more than a couple of brillo pads and a packet of wotsits then?

That's probably their midfield next season
  • So it looks like Bruno Laga Laga Laga Laga Shouting has been appointed Wolves boss.
  • edited June 2021
    Looks like original Bruno has decided against joining them at the last minute. Palace fans are saying he's used them to interest other clubs. Wonderful scenes.
    Could this be the season we see them relegated?
  • alderz said:

I assume Nuno won’t be able to keep getting all the Portuguese talent unless it was purely about his own pull and scouting that got those players. It will be interesting to see how he does without them. He already has really good attacking players at Palace though, so it’s a decent base. They could be interesting next season.

Thought he would’ve been perfect for Arsenal. He’s a bit like Arteta in style but better

According to Transfermarkt (incl. players that have already left but played minutes for them in 2020/21) they have NINETEEN players leaving, from a playing squad of 33. Most of them are bit part players, but 2 of them played more than 2,000 minutes this season (Townsend & Ward), 5 played ore than 1,000 (van Aanholt, Dann, Schlupp, Clyne, Cahill), and another two played nearly 1,000 (McCarthy & Batshuayi).

Of their top 18 minutes played in the season (i.e. their matchday squad), they are losing 8 players.

They have so many players out of contract that on Transfermarkt you have to scroll to see the bottom of the list. Most of them aren't brilliant players or anything, but it's a HUGE rebuilding job. And of those who aren't out of contract this summer, only Eze and Zaha are valued at more than €10m by Transfermarkt - which isn't often accurate, but does give you an idea of the likely marketability of players. They need serious investment
    I forgot about that. How did they even get into this situation? But also I assume not all of them are just going to leave?

I don’t think it’s unexpected for them to be in trouble next season but I just think Nuno might be capable of pulling off a surprise. It depends on if they hold on to Zaha and then of course Eze’s injury is still a problem. But I’ve seen Palace fans who really like Riedewald and said Hodgson restricted him with his defensive style. Townsend has been good for them, Ayew has his moments (against us). A few smart transfers and they might be a very different team to the last couple of years.
  • They will need to sell Zaha to help with the rebuild funds.
  • IronHerb said:

They will need to sell Zaha to help with the rebuild funds.

You'd think so, but also if you were a buying club it would be very clear that they NEED to sell him, so you've sort of got them over a barrel. I can see him going for half the money they were asking for last year.
  • edited June 2021
    Looks like its no no Nuno for Palace as it appears to have gone belly up
  • Perhaps Nuno had one to many ,And now he`s sober .He`s like What i really talked to those guys
  • HAHA Seems spurs fans are not to impressed that they might get Fonseca.(ex Roma boss) who got replaced by the special one ,You cant make this stuff up
  • Daily Mail says Crystal Palace want Sean Dyche or Steve Cooper while the Mirror reckons its Lampard

I can't imagine Dyche would want to swap Burnley for Croydon and apparently he's agreed a new contract. I'm not sure that Cooper would see Palace as much of a step up from Swansea although I suppose Lampard might consider another London club

Eddie Howe is also being mentioned as is Barnsley's Valerian Ismael who I've never even heard of. Anyone?
  • Ismael played for palace back in the day
  • He only played 13 games, signed from Strasbourg in January 1998, signed for Lens in October 1998.

His last game for Palace was 3-3 draw against us at Selhurst
  • IronHerb, Maybe not, Daily Mail now saying Gattuso! Is Daniel Levy going to allow him to bring in all the players he had lined up for Fiorentina via Jorge Mendes?
  • edited June 2021
    Gattuso who left Fiorentina after 43 days due to being unhappy with the resources? 🤔
  • IronHerb, It was 23 days yes but the same one. =) He would be the last person Mr Levy would want to work with due to his combustible nature, oh hang on a sec. =)
  • Let's hope they get him and he walks at the end of August. 😎
  • Gattuso already out of the running for the Spurs job. I’ve done pretty well on football manager the last couple of years, it’s probably not long til I get a go
  • alderz said:

Gattuso already out of the running for the Spurs job. I’ve done pretty well on football manager the last couple of years, it’s probably not long til I get a go

Or Jorderz. Because, well, y'know...
  • But they tried the 'park the bus' style of manager quite recently though.
  • And Still BFS awaits eagerly by his phone
  • BFS gets the call late November after Wilder gets the sack. 🤪
  • alderz said:

Gattuso already out of the running for the Spurs job. I’ve done pretty well on football manager the last couple of years, it’s probably not long til I get a go

Please run them into the ground, play Lloris up front and sell Kane for 50p.
  • From the heart Hainault, from the heart. 😂
  • Spurs fans in meltdown on Twitter about this manager fiasco.

How sad, never mind.
  • Fortunately something us Hammers never do. 🤥
  • IronHerb, No we just do that over the lack of transfers. =)
This discussion has been closed.