Everton (A) Carabao Cup, Wednesday 30 September 7:45pm

Comments

• Why no subs, come on Moyse!!
  • It is unforgivable that we are basically happy to go out. That is the message from the coaching staff to the players.
  • Johnson made a hash of the clearance, Noble stood and watched Sigurdsson and then they all watched the ball hit the post.
  • edited September 2020
    It won't be the end of the scoring
  • I genuinely can’t believe that we have made no changes to formation of personnel. Completely ruins Sunday’s result & just shows where this club is at the moment.
  • We are now getting absolutely thrashed. 4-1
  • 84 minutes and 4-1 down. 4 more minutes and it'll be time for a substitution.
  • Oh, they've just scored a 4th as I was editing my previous post
  • I don’t understand why Moyse does do subs at 2- when we have such a strong bench. Idiot!!!
  • Shocking. I do not want to see 4 at the back again this season. We just can't cope.
  • Lukerz said:

It is unforgivable that we are basically happy to go out. That is the message from the coaching staff to the players.

Well, Alese should’ve just played if we were going to do that. Some game time would’ve been better than this.
  • The Wolves win papered over obvious cracks in our lack of strength in depth
  • Good cross from Cresswell, but Lanzini heads over from close range.
  • Possibly Lanzini has shown some willing and endeavour.
  • Anderson is useless... Lazy, poor passing, won't tackle. Noble is past it. Haller is Lazy. Johnson is not up to it...........I understand why Moyes has not made substitutions; he cannot afford to let the better players get injured. we need some new blood.
  • Barney said:

Anderson is useless... Lazy, poor passing, won't tackle. Noble is past it. Haller is Lazy. Johnson is not up to it...........I understand why Moyes has not made substitutions; he cannot afford to let the better players get injured. we need some new blood.

Not gonna happen
  • So we are gonna get through the whole game with Soucek, Masuaku, Bowen on the bench despite being well in the game at 2-1 down.

I do not want to see Anderson at the club any longer. Send him on loan somewhere & pay his wages.
  • On the bbc web page at the moment

“Newport lead Newcastle, plus Man City, Man Utd and Everton in action”

Can’t say I’m surprised at the BBC’s bias, effectively demeaning us, Brighton and Burnley

Time to scrap the licence fee

And now you know why!
  • Calvert-Lewin was clinical, must get into the England squad.

West Ham B team were poor.
  • Find it hard to blame Haller. Barely any service. Did alright with his hold up play but usually had no movement near him and crosses were delayed so long.
  • not impressed that's all
  • Really need a right back (wing back), energetic midfielder for back-up and a centre back with a bit of pace
  • No issue with losing. No issue going out.

No subs & no desire to change the side in search of a second equaliser & just coast to the end. Unforgivable.
  • If we’d played a PL team in the second round instead of Charlton we’d have gone out then. We’ve been duped because we beat lower league sides. Everton put out a much stronger side than us so it was game over really before it began.
    We just can’t afford to risk injuries to Antonio, Bowen, Soucek, Ogbonna etc because with the games coming up we would get slaughtered. I’m sure the team that beat wolves would have had a great chance tonight but Everton lost three key players so we need to be glad it wasn’t us.
  • Oh well, another trophy that we won't win. Rice is no CB and had a poor game. Johnson got caught out of position too mnay times and was not that good going forward. Midfield was slow and ponderous. Lanzini had a few chances but he can't score. Haller seems to have no pace, can't dribble or keep the ball. Anderson does not put in a shift. I can't see who would buy Haller, Anderson or Lanzini at a price anywhere near what WHU paid. The euphoria after the Wolves win is gone. I wonder which WHU is going to turn-up against Leicester.
  • If we’d played a PL team in the second round instead of Charlton we’d have gone out then. We’ve been duped because we beat lower league sides. Everton put out a much stronger side than us so it was game over really before it began.
    We just can’t afford to risk injuries to Antonio, Bowen, Soucek, Ogbonna etc because with the games coming up we would get slaughtered. I’m sure the team that beat wolves would have had a great chance tonight but Everton lost three key players so we need to be glad it wasn’t us.

That is fine but you lob a couple on at 2-1 down, trying to grab the equaliser. They are not taking much of a risk in a 20 minute cameo.
  • As usual, some razor sharp insight on the club’s Twitter page

“Not the result we hoped for”
  • As usual, some razor sharp insight on the club’s Twitter page

“Not the result we hoped for”

Well, judging by the lack of subs, I would question whether that statement is in fact true.
  • The lack of subs, just watching them completely unable to change the game, for more than 30 minutes, made that like torture. Put a bunch of kids on the bench if you don't want to use the first team.