Post Summer Transfer Rumours and Speculation

Comments

• I am sure the lad was thrilled but me thinks that short of a dodgy lasagna, there was little chance of him coming off the bench against City.
  • With Ralph Hasenhuttl being appointed at Southampton, former RB Leipzig boss: https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46437457 will this mean Oxford may have a new home on the south coast?
  • Why has he played under him before?
  • Ben Johnson? He will have to be tested for drugs first though.
  • Dodger58 said:

With Ralph Hasenhuttl being appointed at Southampton, former RB Leipzig boss: https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46437457 will this mean Oxford may have a new home on the south coast?

Oxford was at Borussia Monchengladbach which is right over the west side of Germany by the border with Holland, Leipzig is 500 miles away on the eastern side of Germany. Other than he's German why would Oxford want to play under Ralph Hasenhuttl?
  • Leipzig tried to buy him.

But I don't know who was their manager at the time.
  • They were rumoured to be in for him in January, when RH was their manager. But I'm fairly sure that Leipzig operate with a technical director who leads on their transfers, so it may not have even had anything to do with Hassenhuttl. I think it's more likely he'll go back to Monchengladbach or stay here than anything else.
  • Ahhhhhhhhhh. Now it makes sense. It seems there were two alleged offers, one in June 2016 when Leipzig had sacked their old manager and were about to sign Hasenhuttl then another in December 2017.

Also Hassenhuttl is Austrian. Whoops.
  • The boss on Carroll's contract, and Samir Nasri:

“We know what Andy can give to our team and now he must demonstrate he is able to do it week by week. He has now the last six months (of his contract) and I hope he will be able to do it.”

“[Nasri] is working very hard and I hope we will be able to sign him at the end of the month.”

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/december/07-december/pellegrini-andy-carroll-can-be-option-start#Qko4IpE3vOczShsQ.99
  • Yaya Toure has left Olympiakos and is a free agent.

Stand by for incoming rumours ;sofa
  • Valencia manager Marcelino has suggested the Spanish club are unlikely to take up the option to buy Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi, 25, on loan from Chelsea.

;weep (still likes his old handle Bazshuayi best)
  • edited December 2018
    I'm sure that if Pelle wanted him he would say so.

Besides we now have a fully fit AC ;biggrin
    But I would like to see him here
  • It's more a joke about us, to be honest.
  • although a high maintenance, past-his-prime player sounds more like West Ham’s bag.

;thumbsup
  • edited December 2018
    outcast ;ok

But others, less so.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6245400-yaya-toure-7-possible-destinations-for-the-former-man-city-star-following-olympiacos-exit
    West Ham were linked with the midfielder in the summer, with reports suggesting that the Ivorian was keen on reuniting with Manuel Pellegrini, with whom he won a Premier League title and two League Cups at Manchester City.

However, it is alleged that the Chilean manager didn't want to bring his former player to the London Stadium.

The Hammers sit 11th in the league and are pushing for a top-half finish, but are currently without key versatile central midfielders in Carlos Sánchez, Jack Wilshere and Manuel Lanzini.

With another City old boy in Samir Nasri likely to link up with Pellegrini for the second half of the season, just maybe Toure will be offered a short-term deal too.
    How tenuous? 'were linked with - suggesting - alleged - likely to - just maybe' ;lol
  • BTW the guy that can't cut it in the Greek league who has been living on the bench or worse for the last 2 seasons...

No no and no.... And no... no no no.. no no.. no.. no no.
  • MrsGrey, so what you're saying is he's definitely coming to us, maybe. ;biggrin
  • He’s having a medical as we speak
  • Vorse, the guy who has been living on the bench beach for the last 2 seasons..
    fixed it for ya ;wink
  • Apparently we are trying to get Reuben Loftus Cheek on loan ;wahoo

Mind you, the rumour does come from the Sun.
  • Aaaah, Loftus Cheat the diving coach

Would I want him ;puzzled ;hmm
    He'd get penalties against us and booked if he played for us
  • According to Fanatik, with Carroll now seemingly over his injury struggles a transfer to Turkey looks to be on the agenda.
    Have they not followed his injury struggles on the last few years...
  • Think they believe because he’s been in last 4/5 squads he’s injury free now lol
  • It would be typical of us if he goes there and stays injury free while scoring 50 goals a season.
  • Think it’s all rubbish. He’s said only last week that he wants to stay and is hoping for an extension to his contract.
  • Sky have us in for ex Cardiff & Sevilla midfielder/defender Gary Medel. Plays for Besiktas.

As for Carroll, can’t see him personally wanting to relocate to Turkey.
  • I think the Carroll story will prove to be completely made up on account of the view that I couldn't imagine any club offering him a high wage regular contract with what must be one of the worst injury records in the league.

So if he wants to play football he will need accept a non regular contract and if doing so he will likely be able to remain in England, which I would imagine is his preferred option as he has a family all settled in Essex.
  • Lukerz said:

Sky have us in for ex Cardiff & Sevilla midfielder/defender Gary Medel. Plays for Besiktas.

As for Carroll, can’t see him personally wanting to relocate to Turkey.

HNWT6DgoBc18GVREvvsnAjfLwLF5qHHFduNHKinq23cnWYEUksYt3Q5X4rFen1neKB2xSxUkk9kQ8tSp7mqv9iAmy7EtvTxP9VS27rmYbA8LRfnJy33Yv4pQ4kN

Interesting potential signing ;whistle