Leicester Match Thread (18th March 3pm KO)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    You have to laugh:

But England striker Vardy refuted Nasri's allegation, saying: "I'm not a cheat and I never have been. That's all I've got to say on the matter."

A Leicester spokesman added: "The club refutes entirely any allegation that questions the professional integrity of Jamie or any of its players."

Well that's that then. ;biggrin
  • edited March 2017
    He is a terrible cheat.

He'll win a pen on Saturday when Fonte breaths near him.
  • Cheats and thugs

I want them to draw Bayern who will surgically dismantle them with clinical precision
  • Baracks, so who'll pick up all the body parts?
    I think that might be outside the stewards/cleaners remit. ;biggrin
  • I think we need to play a bit 'nasty'.
    The recent games I've watched us we show far too much respect to the opposition. Standing off them, letting them play. Need to get back to last season when teams feared playing us.
  • Think Nasri's got a good point.

If he'd done that to Vardy, sections of the press would have been having conniptions.
  • Just checking is this a WHUFC forum?

Blimey the negativity out there, Leicester? Pffft no problem they won't be walking out of the world class iconic London stadium with three points mark my words

Slav will have the boys up for this, no square pegs in round holes and were due one against this lot having been done at home and schmeichel not being sent off then the dodgy penalty away....

Come On You IRONS!!!

3-1
  • Wish I could feel the same way Slaven, but I think the score of 3-1 is more likely to
    be the other way round unfortunately. Hope I am wrong.
  • Hopefully Slav's rallying call will be carried out before the start of the game rather than at half time...
  • Ayew up front please !!!!!!!!!!!!!! not just Andy Carroll !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If Leicester beat us they are probably safe
  • Think Nasri's got a good point.

If he'd done that to Vardy, sections of the press would have been having conniptions.

They would have behaved like someone had slapped Tiny Tim.
  • Merse has us down for a 3-1 win.
  • Is he Izzy in disguise? ;lol
  • edited March 2017
    Could be a case of after the Lord Mayors show for them... I'm in the optimistic camp despite our charitable nature to teams who need the points ;whistle

#Obiang/KouyateCMsNoblebench
  • I would like to see Carrol at his best and bullying Huth, leaving the door open for the likes of Antonio and Lanzini to play off him. We need revenge, and I believe that Slav will demand it after our poor display last week.
  • Noble injured for this.
  • ;hmm First home game since Noble is seen to criticise the fans and he's injured.

Conspiracy theory ;wahoo
  • His pride is injured
  • So, shall we go:

Randolph
    Byram - Fonte - Reid - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Obiang
    Antonio - Lanzini - Ayew
    Carroll
  • Arguably our best XI
  • Either that or diamond with Kouyate and Antonio on sides of diamond lanzini the point and ayew carroll up top
  • edited March 2017
    Don't think you can have Antonio as a narrow CM in a diamond. Maybe Antonio at the tip possibly, with Lanzini on the right?
  • Lukerz

I agree that that is our best XI, but I would be worried about Cresswell and Byram in a back 4 against Leicester. Pushing up and leaving space in behind plays into Leicester's hands.

The more I've thought about it, the more I would personally like to see a 3-4-3 for this game.

Randolph; Kouyate Fonte Reid; Byram Obiang Lanzini Cresswell; Antonio Ayew; Carroll
  • I'm just wondering if Slav will resist keeping Cheikh at RB and bring in Edmilson for Noble.. ;hmm
  • Lawro has us losing 2-0, always good news.

So Noble picked up a knock in training before the Chelsea game and then picked up another knock in exactly the same place this week. Is someone repeatedly kicking him on the shin or something for giggles?

The obvious bad news is that we've not won without Noble in the starting XI all season or last season either.
  • Don't think you can have Antonio as a narrow CM in a diamond. Maybe Antonio at the tip possibly, with Lanzini on the right?

I think Lanzini is better up the pitch and I think Antonios best work comes from the wing, being a narrow CM means he will not be hugging the line as much but will make him run better angles if say Byram overlaps and Ayew / Carroll is occupying the space between CB and Fullback which should free Antonio and Lanzini to get on the ball.
  • Noble finally broken......

Let the lad have a few weeks off and get his injuries sorted and his head right

In the meantime OBIANG AND KOUYATE!!
  • Get in Izzy. ;ok
This discussion has been closed.