Leicester Match Thread (18th March 3pm KO)

Comments

• 4-4-2 Diamond

Randolph

Byram Reid Fonte Cresswell

Obiang

Antonio Kouyate

Lanzini

Ayew Carroll
  • With the assumption that Noble will not be dropped I would go:

.........................Randolph.....................
    .............Kouyate....Font....Reid..............
    Byram..........Noble......Obiang......Cresswell
    .........................Lanzini..........................
    .................Antonio.......Ayew..................

A 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 system. Love Carroll, but I think we need pace against Leicester. Use him as an option off the bench. Whatever we have tried formation and personnel wise has had very limited success this season. I`m not sure what our best set up is, and I don`t think Bilic is too sure either. I think the above set up has as good a chance as any of getting our best 11 players on the pitch at the same time and should give us a decent chance of mounting pacy counter attacks. Collins could easily replace Fonte, and Masuaku could easily replace Cresswell. ;scarf
  • Might as well play Nobes at RB. That kills two birds with one stone.
  • edited March 2017
    Herb, that was a joke, right? Noble at RB ;nonono
  • Well we appear not to have a RB and Nobes isn't playing well but cant be dropped so by playing him at RB we lose nothing and gain Kouyate in midfield. ;biggrin
  • That's so crazy, it might actually be a good idea!
  • Just what we need, the slowest RB in the EPL against some of the fastest players (Vardy, Albrighton, Mahrez) ;nonono
  • But he wouldn't get stranded upfield. ;whistle
  • There have been far worse players than Noble recently but lets keep blaming him...
  • He hasn't played well for a period of time now. He is becoming a 'Nolan' figure. No doubting his heart but he isn't up to it.
  • There have been far worse players than Noble recently but lets keep blaming him...

Unfortunately the other positions we are lacking in don't have ready made replacements unlike Noble who's taking Kouyate natural position
  • a 'Nolan' figure ;nonono

IH I remember Nolan and Nobes, he ain't no Nolan. ;whome
  • Kouyate needs to play in his best position, which for me is in central midfield with the opportunity to push forward. At the moment that probably means next to Obiang rather than Noble.
  • Try not to concede.
  • If they play like this at the weekend we are in trouble....

Amazing this is the team that won the league....
  • Vardy staking his claim for the most despicable footballer of the year.
  • He will have a long way to go to beat Payet.... ;biggrin
  • I see Lukaku is making a late bid ...
  • I hope they get Barcelona or Bayern or Real Madrid in the quarters. They're an obnoxious side.
    Sadly they'll probably beat us on Saturday.
  • sooooooooooooo wanted that pen to go in and force another 30 mins ;angry
  • To give no effort at all for the manager who won you the league and then play like that... Makes me sick
  • never mind Twist we will just have to show them what we think on saturday ;biggrin
  • Oddly out the teams left in the CL their best hope is probably getting Man City. If they did I would fancy them to knock them out
  • Just seen that Leicester haven't won away from home all season.

I think we know how this ends.
  • Think they may break that statistic very soon. ;weep
  • edited March 2017
    Well we could've done without Tuesday's result.

3-1 Leicester I'm going.

The massive pitch has got Leicester written all over it now that the players are running the club.
  • Nailed on loss

If we managed to escape with a 0-0 it would be a superb result
  • Im hoping the champions league game has taken a lot out of them. We need to start the game well and an early goal to calm things down. Chasing the game against this lot plays to their strengths on the counter . We need a good performance after last week and a positive result
  • If you don't push up your defence against Leicester you do alright. Teams that attack them and try to dominate the ball just play into their hands. This is a match that is all about getting your tactics right.
This discussion has been closed.