Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Thats easy for you to say.
  • i see we are linked to josh king this morning , I like this lad has real pace and quality about him .
  • Nordtveit on his lack of opportunities: “That’s the way football is. Something has been negative, but all in all I do not regret the move.”
  • So just me posting today....

This seems about right.

Barcelona are apparently lining up a £135m move for Kante and Coutinho.

Coutinho for £15m is a bargain.
  • West Ham could submit a £30m bid for Arsenal and England midfielder Jack Wilshere, 25, who is on loan at Bournemouth. The Hammers are also interested in a loan deal for Chelsea and Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi, 23. (Evening Standard)

The Hammers will also offer winger Michail Antonio, 27, a new £65,000-a-week deal to keep him at the club next season. (Sun)
  • When I first saw the Wilshere story I sort of laughed and shook my head. Then I saw it in a different paper and thought (even though I dont believe the story for a second) yes, West Ham would at this moment have to pay 15 to 20 million over the odds to beat other teams to an injury prone English player ;doh

#insert Sturridges name for Wilshere and reads same thing
  • p.s the game time theyre giving Batshuyai will most likely destroy all his confidence just in time for a move to the London Stadium ;doh again
  • JW dad is a big WH fan according to Ray Parlour.

Who's position would he take in our best 11?
  • I also see the Zabaleta story seems to have legs.

Not sure if he does anymore however...
  • edited April 2017
    Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Wilshere
    Antonio - Lanzini - Ayew
    Batshuayi

Adrian, Fonte, Byram, Noble, Obiang, Snodgrass, Carroll

;hmm
  • Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Wilshere Keiron Dyer
    Antonio - Lanzini - Ayew
    Batshuayi

Adrian, Fonte, Byram, Noble, Obiang, Snodgrass, Carroll

;hmm

Fixed it for ya
  • I thought if you bought pre-broken stuff it was cheaper?
  • edited April 2017
    If you bring back Kieron Dyer, you've got to bring back Lee Bowyer ;handbag ;handbag ;handbag
  • I thought if you bought pre-broken stuff it was cheaper?

That applies to everything (including biscuits which takes me back to my youth) apart from footballers who are English
  • Sky reporting that Antonio has rejected our contract offer. He wants to be one of the top earners.
  • He should be

Since he broke into the first team he's always been a top 5 player in our team despite shoehorned into playing in every position

It's between him and Obiang for me for HOTY and last year he was the only guy who was a threat to Payet winning HOTY

Should be one of the biggest earners
  • Luke this morning Slav said "we will definitely be offering him a new contract in the near future" and by this afternoon sky report he's rejected. It all happens so fast.
    I hadn't realised by the head future Slav meant in the next 10 minutes or so.
  • It might have been a revised offer with Sky reporting what they read on the web.
  • Personally don't think he'll be here next season.
  • Where do you think he'll be?

• MrsGrey said:

Where do you think he'll be?

Halfway down Green Street, looking at the ground, pacing back and forth, muttering "Had it here, lost it here... had it here ... lost it here"
  • Lukerz, it depends which league we're in. PL he stays, Champo, he's gone, IMO
  • Then he's going nowhere.
  • If we in the PL he's going nowhere, not good enough for a top 6 team and we pay some of the best wages outside the top 6.
  • West Ham are prepared to make a £16m move for Liverpool midfielder Lazar Markovic, 23, who is currently on loan at Hull City. (Sun)

However, the Hammers' talks with winger Michail Antonio, 27, have stalled after he rejected their first offer. (Sky Sports)

Meanwhile West Ham are close to agreeing a £20m deal with communication giants Vodafone for naming rights to London Stadium. (Evening Standard)
  • McHammer West Ham are not close to agreeing anything. The naming rights are nothing to do with us.
  • Twas the evening standard wot said it
  • Bilic said that Antonio will be offered a new contract and that he wants to stay with the club. How can talks stall when there haven't been any talks yet? Currant bun reported this on the 4th April but Bilic said the opposite in the Evening Standard last night!
  • Might have to put the speculation on hold till we know which league we are in.
This discussion has been closed.