FA Cup 4th Round, Other Matches

4th round has kicked off with Man City v Arsenal this evening.

I noticed it when he was a pundit at another game recently, but Ian Wright is really annoying when he's constantly saying "we this" or "We that" when talking about Arsenal.

Comments

• But the curse of the flappy collar strikes Arsenal. And Arteta is so unlikeable.

Happy with that result.
  • Quite noticeable I thought that Arteta was reasonably better behaved last night, maybe because his old boss was next to him or someone somewhere has had a word. Still baffles me though that the 4 th officials never seem to say or do anything.
  • Issa Diop with a howler gifting Sunderland the early lead….
  • With the FA cups games being shown on ESPN+ We are not surprisingly routing for Sunderland.

Diallo is a nippy player up front for The Mackems, he is a real talent with quick feet and well worth watching.

Diop got caught asleep in possession and gifted Sunderland the lead, to be fair, goal was nonetheless well taken
  • What a game, really enjoyed it, both teams created enough chances to win it, Sunderland brought on a 15 year old and right at the death, so nearly a Roy of the Rovers moment when he lashed one in on the 92nd minute only for it to ruled offside, correctly.

Looking forward to the replay at the Stadium of Light.

Ha’way the lads
  • A 15 year old. I didn't even know that would be legal. I thought a player had to be 16 to play in a match. They must really think something of the lad.
  • It was his second appearance. 😱
  • The lower age limit to have a professional contract has been 15 for a few years now.
  • Eurgh.

I hate Man U. And now they've scored.

I'm venting here cos my nephew is a Man U fan and got a ticket for the game tonight. And I have to be nice to him.

But I'm still saving up my chant..
    He's scored more than you
    He's scored more than you-ou-ou

Kevin Nolan, he's scored more than you.
  • Although now, I may just be reduced to a bants based on a perfect hattrick...
    😢
  • Andy Carroll has still got it, sent off again😀
  • edited January 2023
    chicago, Just got back from watching the makems @ the cottage. Went to the game as we aren’t playing until Monday 👍. Sunderland were very well supported and this silly rule about the referees assistant not flagging as soon as someone is offside nearly created carnage in the away end as people celebrated the non goal! Ekwah looks a good player, time will tell if we were wrong to let him go.
  • Things are setting up nicely for us to be the shock of the round on Monday. By the time we kick off we’ll know who potentially we could be playing in the fifth round as the draw is just after 7pm. We are number 7 for anyone interested.
  • I really don’t like it when the draw for the next round is made before we play.
    I remember walking into Old Trafford with my son (the “taxi for Bartez” Di Canio game) and they announced we’d be drawn away to Sunderland.
    Man U were top of the league and Sunderland were second.😟
  • Prefer that to not being in the draw though. 😆
  • At least 5 replays after the draw as well
  • Liverpool gone
  • Liverpool gone

Klopp not a happy bunny, shame 😂🤣😂.
  • Totally deserved by Brighton and what a great finish to clinch it. How does fashion not get a red for that tackle? I know it's because he plays for Liverpool but he all but walked off himself it was so obvious. 🤷‍♂️
  • If we manage to beat Derby there are only 3 of the 15 possibilities left in the draw that I would be particularly unhappy about, and surely we're well overdue being drawn at home.
  • Wrexham, Grimsby and Fleetwood? 😉
  • edited January 2023
    IronHerb said:

Wrexham, Grimsby and Fleetwood? 😉

Please not Grimsby, am still scarred by a very wet Wednesday evening cup fixture away to Grimsby on Valentine’s Day, (not my smartest decision) we lost 3-0 and then came back to the car to find a smashed window and nicked radio,

happy days

• Elliot Lee playing for Wrexham who actually look like they might be able to get a goal after a terrible start
  • And they have.
  • If we get through I don’t want Wrexham. Those long throws will cause havoc in our defence.
  • IronHerb said:

Totally deserved by Brighton and what a great finish to clinch it. How does fashion not get a red for that tackle? I know it's because he plays for Liverpool but he all but walked off himself it was so obvious. 🤷‍♂️

Who's fashion?
  • edited January 2023
    John Fashionu
  • IronHerb said:

Totally deserved by Brighton and what a great finish to clinch it. How does fashion not get a red for that tackle? I know it's because he plays for Liverpool but he all but walked off himself it was so obvious. 🤷‍♂️

Who's fashion?
    Oops. I missed that. 😬 Basically any Liverpool player. 😁
  • Please not Grimsby, am still scarred by a very wet Wednesday evening cup fixture away to Grimsby on Valentine’s Day, (not my smartest decision) we lost 3-0 and then came back to the car to find a smashed window and nicked radio,

happy days

Absolutely no point going to Grimsby since the Leaking Boot was burnt down #bestawaypubever