Other matches Saturday 15 - Thursday 19 January

There's football every day next week except Monday and first up we have 1st v 2nd, City v Chelsea on BT Sport 12:30

Lukaku starts his first Premier League fixture since his row with Tuchel so I guess they've made up. Kepa in goal while Mendy is away at the AFCON.

Things are going to plan for Mendy and Senegal, they were pre-tournament favourites but struggled to beat Zimbabwe 1-0 and drew 0-0 with Guinea last night.

If Spurs v Arsenal is postponed Sky aren't going to be happy as it will leave a big hole in their schedule on Sunday afternoon with nothing to fill it (Liverpool v Brentford is 2pm tomorrow but not on TV)

Comments

• Good result for us. Makes it a little bit more possible that we can catch Chelsea.
  • if we win we go within 3 of chavs, so no doubt we will lose
  • Great goal by de Bruyne, but the shrieking reaction of the BT commentator (Ian Darke?) was totally over the top. This guy annoys the hell out of me with his, at times, almost hysterical comments.
  • I watched the Luton v Bournemouth game. Great entertainment topped off with a 96th minute winner for Luton.
  • Norwich 2-0 up
  • Lukerz said:

Norwich 2-0 up

If they lose cannot see Rafa surviving
  • How can Norwich be 2 up,??
  • Because they're playing Everton. Simple.
  • I brought in DCL this week, because everyone scores against Norwich.
  • some nice results this afternoon. I would prefer City to win over the other two title contenders which got us off to a good start, Newcastle conceding late to draw keeps them in the relegation zone and Norwich beat Everton. All good in my view.
  • Traore finally scores. Just in time to increase his price.
  • MIAHammer said:

Traore finally scores. Just in time to increase his price.

I know instinctively that as many posters have pointed out Traore has no end product and would ultimately be a failure, but another part of me is a dreamer and thinks let's give it a go and see if Moyes can bring about an end product to go with all the power and skill.
  • Having watched 20 mins of Digne, looks incredibly rash, little bit like Masuaku in defensive positions
  • I'd like a draw as Villa could go on a run, but i would really lie Bruno to pick up a second yellow.
  • Actually just seen they play Brentford in midweek before us !
  • Lets all laugh at man u 2-2
  • Scenes at Villa Park.
  • Perfect result as they will not be on a long losing streak for us as they tend not to lose too many at once , so we can beat them again
  • I keep seeing quotes that Man Utd should be doing better ‘with the quality they have’.

What quality? They have incredibly average players in a lot of positions these days.

Should be doing better with the money they’ve spent is I think what people mean.
  • Burnley Watford game off.
  • Was highly likely after the recent postponement hence my rapid movement off Dennis as fantasy captain ;)
  • I keep seeing quotes that Man Utd should be doing better ‘with the quality they have’.

What quality? They have incredibly average players in a lot of positions these days.

Should be doing better with the money they’ve spent is I think what people mean.

It's hard to find more wasteful signing than Paul Pogba. he left for nothing in 2012/13 season and was bought back for 90m in 2016/17 paid 15m per year and now is leaving for nothing again in the summer. In that time united won a League cup.
  • And the Europa League.
  • Chelsea players always in the ref's face, several round him.

Seems like the crack down on surrounding the ref is over and done with.

Did it work?
  • MrsG, You are allowed to do that if you play for one of the big six CFC, AFC, LFC, THFC, MCFC & MUFC as it’s their right to question anything that doesn’t benefit them.
  • MrsGrey said:

Chelsea players always in the ref's face, several round him.

Seems like the crack down on surrounding the ref is over and done with.

Did it work?

Remember when Alex Ferguson was chosen to be the face of “Respect the Officials” a while back?Now THAT was funny.

• I dunno why Uniteda first XI is, but the team they have out tonight looks close to it right?

Hopefully Brentford can take a bit of gas out of them for our match this weekend
  • Their first XI has changed around a lot under Ragnick so there are a few who might come in but this could definitely be who plays against us. Brentford been decent on the counter so far.
  • Come on Leicester
  • 3-2 spurs now, two goals in stoppage time