Hammer Of The Year (And other awards...)

Comments

• Everton for performance of the season? Where we were abysmal against 10 men for 78 minutes? ;lol

Wrong game Lukerz. We always looked comfortable even when 2-0 down. Looked all over when the penalty was awarded against us. We were always looking like we would score and once we did it was all over.
    I voted for Spurs at home but this one run it close, imo of course.
  • Next tonight is a special award - Greatest Boleyn Ground Goal sponsored by @Callprint. Surely @dimpayet17 can't win this too!? #WHUAwards
  • Sir Geoff Hurst has won The Lifetime Achievement Award. "I am honoured to be given this award from this fantastic football club.
  • lol Dimitri Payet won the Hammer of the Year award and everyone cant stop singing the song, the announcer cant even settle people down so he can speak lol.
  • I think Bilic deserves some recognition as well, he has done a fantastic job,
    and apart from Ranieri's miracle, Bilic would be manager of the year in my opinion.
  • Lanzini leafs in disgust....
  • Hammerex said:

I think Bilic deserves some recognition as well, he has done a fantastic job,
    and apart from Ranieri's miracle, Bilic would be manager of the year in my opinion.

By all accounts he got a standing ovation before and after his speech.
  • Payet thankful for fan accolade.

“Of course it’s a huge honour and a defining moment for me at the Club,” Payet told West Ham TV. “It’s an award that recognises the hard work I have put in and I’m very happy about it.

“I didn’t think I would adapt this quickly, to be honest. I thought it would be harder, but with the fabulous teammates that I have, and the manager and coaching staff, the settling in period was easier than expected.

“Slaven Bilic is very important for me and my confidence. He has done everything possible to help me to blossom as a player and when I suffered an injury and had a difficult time, he was the first person to come to my house and check up on me.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/May/4-May/Payet-thankful-for-Hammer-of-the-Year-accolade
  • Player of the Year Awards round-up here;

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/May/3-May/Player-of-the-Year-Awards

But I liked this bit very much; There was a special mention for the Academy as Mark Noble took to the stage to talk about his progression through the youth ranks while Academy Director Terry Westley was honoured to award the Dylan Tombides Award, to talented youngster Declan Rice.
  • It's not like me to comment on attire, however, Sakho had no tie and an untucked shirt. I've just seen a group photo and he looks so scruffy. Have some pride man.
  • and a hat, indoors!
  • It's not like me to comment on attire, however, Sakho had no tie and an untucked shirt. I've just seen a group photo and he looks so scruffy. Have some pride man.

That calls for a #transferlist
  • Lukerz, who are we getting rid of

Sakho or eski ;puzzled
  • Lukerz, who are we getting rid of

Sakho or eski ;puzzled

;hmm
  • We can't sell him now.

New stadium

• I'm a bit ;hmm about that, tbh, when I saw it on the club site.

I think the 'shirts' should be for players whose reputation has stood the test of time.

What if he turns out to be a one-season wonder?
  • Yeah, but what a season...
  • The shirts are for HOTYs.
  • All of them? So Sebastian Schemmel has one?
  • I think that's unlikely and I doubt we have room for them all.
  • Payet is the 38th different HOTY so there will be plenty of room in the stadium to accommodate them all.