The UK is Out - New PM - and whither now for Article 50

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Romaine28 said:

Have we left yet?

Nein

Not until Ms Merkel says we are allowed to.
    That's Dr Merkel to you.

;wink
    Ja naturlich tut mir leid

(Yes of course I'm sorry)
  • Are you really? ;wink
  • My wife just asked me who won???
    Bemused and dismayed I told her it had gone to penalties and left her to think about her actions.
  • McHammer ;lol
  • who do we play in the next round? or if the Government dont get the right result will we have a replay(Like Ireland did over the monopoly money!)

Just heard from a close source that apparently you risk having your "X" expunged by person/persons u/k if you using a pencil!! Persons seen with rubbers should be regarded a vote changers. Dont know which side is allegedly purpertrating this fix, but they would have either be standing to you or having a hole in the ballott box!
  • A YouGov poll found 46 per cent of all Leave voters think it's 'probably true' that their vote will be altered. A third of Ukip voters feared that MI5 might be involved.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3656171/Usepens-Brexit-backers-urge-voters-pen-polls-case-pencil-markings-erased-MI5-plot.html#ixzz4CQLvFNc2

And these are the people who are trusted to vote ;doh
  • Mrs G

I consider myself to be fairly level headed but I must admit when I put my X I pressed down hard with the pencil and then went over it again for good measure...

;hmm
  • edited June 2016
    baracks - if MI5, or the dodgy Remainers want to rig the election, they won't do it by tampering with the ballot boxes to extract the ballot papers, sort out the 'Leave' ones, have an army of people standing by with rubbers to rub out several thousand X s, put a new Xs in the Remain box, then pop the papers back in the ballot box, ready for the count.

They'll just have pre-filled, rigged result ballot boxes and use those for the count ;ok ;wink
  • MrsGrey said:

baracks - if MI5, or the dodgy Remainers want to rig the election, they won't do it by tampering with the ballot boxes to extract and alter ballot papers,. They'll just have pre-filled, rigged result ballot boxes and use those for the count ;ok ;wink

Worked in the last 2 elections...
  • edited June 2016
    ;doh I've let the cat out of the bag haven't I.

oops, why is there a stealth helicopter hovering over the house with guys in black rapelling d6ugi k9x.,;[i7l

aargh
  • I just don't know what put the thought in my mind but subconsciously it did - I've never given it a second thought in anything else I've ever voted for

It is such a manual process involving crossings off on sheets of paper when you get in, and then your ballot sheet will be handled no doubt by numerous folk who will have a strong view one way or another...

;hmm
  • In.
    It's an absolute no-brainer for me because I live & work in Madrid.Sure,there is a hell of a lot wrong with the EU but we are better in than out.If we remain we need to bring all the members states to the table & re-negociate the treaty.You can't have Belgian boats fishing off the Cornish coast & local fishing villages dying because of it.I'm sure there are examples too of the shoe being on the other foot & British companies push out local workers.
    The EU has managed to stop our respective countries fighting bitter wars with each other & has generally been a positive thing for Europe.We would be isolated & at the back of the queue when it comes to trade & unlike Norway where there is lots of natural resources & a small population we would struggle to support ourselves.The pound would probably be devalued & we would be worse off as a nation.
  • Disagree on a number of fronts Madrid, but appreciate that your views at least in part may be reflected by your residency and circumstances

"The need to renegotiate the treaty"?? With so many parties at the table with their own vested interests this is a tough/impossible thing to do - and even if it is claimed to have been done, some greater power would have the power to overrule and/or change it anyway

Also I don't believe the EU has stopped countries being at war with each other

Additionally, I personally would rather live in country with a smaller economy but existing more within its means and less people reliant on its social structure - if I wanted a big powerhouse economy that is growing I could choose China - would I want to live there? Probably not.

And there is no evidence whatsoever that we'd be at the "back of the queue" for trade deals - to be honest I've been worn down by the various remain spokespeople trotting out this line endlessly in the media...

• Madrid - so no self interest involved aye? ;wink

We need to bring all the member states to the table and renegotiate the treaty - best of luck with that!

Stopped fighting bitter wars - think you will find that was NATO.
  • I voted Remain, anything Boris thinks is a good idea must be wrong.
  • I voted leave - anything Alan Sugar thinks is a good idea must be wrong - this decision making is easy peasy isn't it. ;wink
  • ASLEF ;ok I don't want to live in a world where Johnson, Gove and Farage have any influence.
  • In 1974 Turkey and Greece went to war over Cyprus when they were both NATO member states
  • I've voted...

• edited June 2016

Madrid - so no self interest involved aye? ;wink

We need to bring all the member states to the table and renegotiate the treaty - best of luck with that!

Stopped fighting bitter wars - think you will find that was NATO.

Iron Mike-I would be able to apply for residency here & though it would be inconvenient & bureaucratic I could still live here.
    My main concern is the well being of the UK & I believe our interest is in & not out.I didn't put this in before but seeing one or two others have mentioned it the thought of Johnson as PM terrifies me & the thought of Farage having any influence at all over how the country is run would make me want to move to the Antarctic to get away!!!!
    Anyway,a difference of opinion but that's the great thing about our democracy.Let's hope that this whole issue gets put to bed tonight but I have a funny feeling it won't whoever wins.
  • Had a surreal moment in the village square just now.
    Speaking to two late middle aged lady voters I know just coming back from the hall from voting. When I asked how they had voted, they both said 'leave'.
    When I asked why, one of them said, "well, we want to be independant and keep the Royal Family".... The other one nodded
    I am truly speechless at the astonishing ignorance of some of our voters - after all the available facts to read, that could possibly be a reaction/reason ??
    I am depressed ;doh

Ahhh... the power of the media and especially the tabloid, plus if you bother to look Social media and even one of our very owners.

I almost guarantee you some WHU fans have voted #Remain (or should that be #Romaine) because they think Dimitri Payet won't be able to play for us come August

;biggrin
  • Romaine28 said:

Have we left yet?

#7-10
  • Tell you what it is absolutely lashing it down out there - there must be quite a few people who will choose to stay indoors in the dry rather than go out and have their say this evening...
  • I voted Remain, anything Boris thinks is a good idea must be wrong.

Well he thought us moving in to the OS was a brilliant idea.....
  • Madrid ;ok

Think your right about this not being 'the end of it' - in my view 'the genie is well and truly out of the bottle'.
  • Have to admit, I was trying to wait and see which way Luke was going to go and be guided by his decision but he hasn't shown up today so sadly I had to make my decision alone
  • Can we have a picture of Rav suit and tie, placed on this article please......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36602702

As I scrolled down the pictures, my first thought was that it appeared really scarey as to who are involved from all angles in being leaders in the UK.

Really, really scarey
  • Ironmike/Madrid

You are both right - the Scotland vote was supposed to put that issue to bed once and for all....

;hmm

;lol
  • edited June 2016

Have to admit, I was trying to wait and see which way Luke was going to go and be guided by his decision but he hasn't shown up today so sadly I had to make my decision alone

He's busy rubbing out X's on voting papers at the moment ;lol
This discussion has been closed.