Prem Games this weekend 27-28 (other teams)

Onana absolutely cleaned out the Burnley player, but the ref seemed not to care.

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Onana absolutely cleaned out the Burnley player, but the ref seemed not to care.

Seems normal, he did it early on (against Wolves?), nothing given except an apology (afterwards) that yes, Man Utd had been favoured by the referee.

• MrsGrey said:

I read that as no penalty was given (I wasn't watching the match), but Burnley did get awarded a penalty, didn't they?
  • Btw, Sheffield Utd relegated, shame 😂🤣😂.
  • MrsGrey said:

I read that as no penalty was given (I wasn't watching the match), but Burnley did get awarded a penalty, didn't they?
    Yes, but in the immediate aftermath everybody just carried on like nothing had happened. It was a VAR intervention.
  • Sean Dyche post match. "This isn't my first rodeo" :p
  • Flippin' miles off.

Why did it take so long?

Let's all laugh at Chelsea...
  • VAR rules out Chelsea winner in stoppage time. Ended 2-2.
  • So, Spurs v Arsenal, one of those games where I really want both teams to lose. Definitely one where I want a draw so both teams drop 2 points.
  • Arsenal take the lead, a Spurs own goal from a corner.
  • edited April 28
    Arsenal score a second, but there's still a VAR check going on for a Spurs penalty at the other end.

No penalty, Arsenal lead 2-0.
  • Yet Jota for Liverpool v someone got booked for something similar earlier in the season.
  • Arsenal get a 3rd.
  • Howler from Raya gifts Spurs a goal.
  • That has to be a Spurs penalty.
  • That has to be a Spurs penalty.

Michael Oliver doesn't give it, is told to check the monitor, and immediately awards a penalty.
  • 2-3, 3 mins plus stoppages to go.
  • 6 mins added, I know I need to wash my mouth out, but I really want Spurs to equalise.
  • Really don’t want City winning it, so pleased with that, a bit scary at the end
  • Spurs vs Arsenal was great game to watch, both teams were up for it and the game had pretty much everything, hate to say it but i think Spurs were unlucky not to get something out of it.

They were certainly undeserving of being three down at half time, despite the twists and turns to get there, the final result was better reflection of the game.

• Really don’t want City winning it, so pleased with that, a bit scary at the end

Can't stand Arteta, or Arsenal under Arteta. Also, if I'm being honest, I don't want Rice to win it the first season after he left us.
  • I don’t particularly want Rice to win it first season after leaving but I’d much rather that than City winning it again!!
  • City take the lead from a corner (against Forest).
  • Btw, Bournemouth's win against Brighton today means they're only a point behind us. Like us, they have to play Chelsea away and are away to one of the top two (they've got Arsenal, we've got City); their other remaining fixture is at home to Brentford, and we've got Luton at home as our other fixture.

Could be nip and tuck to finish above them.
  • I’m no fan of Arteta either even if he is a good coach, but I don’t begrudge Rice winning something. He was a great player for us and a classy professional. Destined to play at the highest level.
  • I’m no fan of Arteta either even if he is a good coach, but I don’t begrudge Rice winning something. He was a great player for us and a classy professional. Destined to play at the highest level.

I agree, and I've no issue with him winning stuff, just not the first season after leaving us.

• edited April 28
    Haaland comes off the bench and gets the second. Forest have missed some great chances though.
  • Given that goal difference could determine things this season City seem to be more interested in setting records for the number of passes they can make.
  • Wanting both teams to lose meant I cheered every goal in the Spurs v Arsenal game. Very satisfying 😄