Fulham ( Home ) 2pm Sunday 14th April

Less than 24 hours to go. Hope the exertions of Thursday night don't cost us here. Would be good to make amends for the 5-0 drubbing at their place last December. COYI
ยซ1345

Comments

• Scrappy 1-0 to the home side will do.
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Antonio - Paqueta

Will probably be the side.
  • It's such a tough call with the very limited resources we have available. Bowen is likely out (although Moyes didn't say it was definite), Antonio played 90 mins on Thursday and we definitely need him this coming Thursday if we're to have any chance especially given we'll be without Paqueta.

It's a game where we should want to be on the front foot, but I fear the season is taking its toll on a few players; Kudus for one has definitely looked a little off the pace in the last few games. If we feel we can have more possession than usual then Ings might not be a complete waste, but it's a tough call to try and play without both Antonio and Bowen if we're gonna let them have the majority of the ball.

We've only kept one clean sheet in the 17 matches since the 0-0 against Brighton on 2nd Jan, and that was at home to Freiburg. Tomorrow would be a great time for another shut out, but, for a team that sets up so defensively, we do concede an awful lot of goals and I never have confidence that we'll manage a clean sheet.
  • I fear we may have more chance of European football next season through the league now, so whilst we must give it our all on Thursday we can't rest up people for this as it's a winnable match as we look to get 7th.
  • edited April 14
    It must be confusing being a Fulham supporter, in the last six games they've beaten Spurs and Brighton, drawn with Sheffield United and lost to Forest, Wolves and Newcastle. Who knows which Fulham will turn up!

Marco Silva is fairly consistent, plays a 4-2-3-1. Seven players have started the last six games, two players have started five and another players has started four. Willian and Harry Wilson have both started three with Iwobi switching from left to right depending which one of them starts

So either

Leno
    Castagne Adarabioyo Bassey Robinson
    Palhinha Lukic
    IIwobi Pereira Willian
    Muniz

Or

Leno
    Castagne Adarabioyo Bassey Robinson
    Palhinha Lukic
    Wilson Pereira IIwobi
    Muniz
  • edited April 14
    Looks like a 4-4-2 hybrid, with Soucek & Zouma rested.

Fabianski
    Coufal - Mavropanos - Aguerd - Emerson
    Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Ings - Paqueta
    Antonio

Anang, Ogbonna, Zouma, Johnson, Cresswell, Soucek, Earthy, Cornet, Mubama
  • Willian preferred to Wilson

• Not sure about the central defence
  • Well this could be interesting
  • I am happy with Ings and Antonio as I think that could be good and certainly worth a try with Bowen out. I do have reservations about Zouma not partnering one of our less capable centre backs but I do recognise if there is one player that can't take too many games close together it is Zouma. In short I can see us being an attacking threat but also vulnerable at the back due to missing Zouma.
  • Thank goodness I put the laptop on to do some mindless scrolling.

I was getting my time zones mixed up and had us down for a 4pm KO!
  • Should have read the thread title :anguished:
  • edited April 14
    Quelle horreur!

Supermarkets in France can't sell alcohol after 1 on Sundays.
  • MrsGrey said:

Quelle horreur!

Supermarkets in France can't sell alcohol after 1 on Sundays.

Mon dieu!
  • Tony "Mr Positive" Gale on co-comms for me ๐Ÿ˜ž
  • So close with Coufal, and then a bad miss by Antonio.
  • Not a bad effort by Kudus from a short corner.
  • Terrible miss by Antonio
  • What was that?
  • Crazy defending
  • Bad mistake by Mavropanos.
  • Ah, that's what it was.
  • Mavropanos is so bad ๐Ÿ˜‚ is it a mistake every 6 games or so?
  • Mavro is looking more and more like a liability
  • And we started so well
  • Shoulda been 2.
  • Glad I have wine to dull the pain =)
  • Pour me glass ๐Ÿ˜
  • ๐Ÿ˜ญ