Other matches 13-15 April, and midweek European games 17/18

edited April 17 in Match Threads
Newcastle score 2 in 90 seconds! Looking forward to going down the pub after work and grin at the Spurs fans

Comments

• 4-0
    Whilst watching Spurs get trounced gives me immense pleasure it’s tempered by the fact that that’s a bad result for us. Looking very unlikely now, that we’ll have European football next year.
  • Switched over to the Leeds game after Newcastle scored there 3rd .Leeds loose gave me a slight smile
  • Must admit that Newcastle looked really good and Spurs were run ragged, it may have been a fairly equal affair for the first twenty mins or so but in the final analysis, Spurs never laid a glove on Newcastle.
  • MIAHammer said:

4-0
    Whilst watching Spurs get trounced gives me immense pleasure it’s tempered by the fact that that’s a bad result for us. Looking very unlikely now, that we’ll have European football next year.

Tbh Newcastle have got a relatively easy run in and I think we've got little chance of finishing ahead of them. Our only chance, barring a miracle in the EL, is to sneak 8th ahead of Chelsea (we'll need at least a draw when we play them) and hope that England gets an extra CL spot and that Chelsea don't win the FA Cup.

• Looking unlikely that England will get the extra CL place. I think we are neck and neck with Germany but behind Italy.
  • Looking unlikely that England will get the extra CL place. I think we are neck and neck with Germany but behind Italy.

If we beat Germany we're OK AFAIK; I believe there is an extra place for 2 countries.

If we beat Germany we're OK AFAIK; I believe there is an extra place for 2 countries.
    Yep, top two get the spot.
  • Is it that time of year again, when Spurs go all Spursy with the final Champions Lge place in their grasp? I can't see them getting it to be fair as their matches are tough.

Home to Arsenal, Burnely and City
    Away to Chelsea, Liverpool and Sheffield Utd

They really needed three points today.
  • Buffy, IH you’re right but my point was that the odds are not in our favour with the matches as they currently stand.
  • How is this a penalty to Man Utd?
  • edited April 13
    Pen for Bournemouth deep in stoppage time, but unfortunately it seems it's just outside the box; VAR says outside, so just a free kick.
  • Finishes 2-2, very lucky penalty imo.
  • Win Tomorrow and we go above Man U .Still hope
  • steve said:

Win Tomorrow and we go above Man U .Still hope

United play Newcastle next week.

#justsayin
  • Watching Forest v Wolves on Sky

Cunha’s first goal was rather nice
  • edited April 13
    IronHerb said:

steve said:

Win Tomorrow and we go above Man U .Still hope

United play Newcastle next week.

#justsayin
    I think that's been re-arranged to 15th May as Man Utd are in an FA Cup semi final next weekend.

• 👍 Yep, I missed that move.
  • Villa very close, Watkins hit the inside of the post, it then spun right across the goal and out just wide of the other post.
  • West Ham will never change, when I hear my pundits out in SA say we're the only team to stop Arsenal scoring and winning at the Emirates this season makes today's performance just typical us....all part of the ride I guess....
  • Now Villa hit the underside of the bar.
  • Villa score.
  • And now score.

Giant killers in all 3 games today 😳 😂
  • Mrs G are you talking about their first or second
  • Just seen 2nd 😂
  • My stream might be a bit behind.
  • And again, Villa lead 2-0.
  • FF teams taking one hell of a beating today 😦
  • And again, Villa lead 2-0.

Fully deserved IMO....
  • Advantage Manchester City
  • Pep must thinks it's his birthday.