Other matches 6th and 7th April

Palace take an early lead against Man City

Comments

• 1-1 Half time
  • 2-1 city
  • 3-1 game over
  • 4-1 now.
  • I feel dirty wanting Man Utd to win, but it's the lesser of two evils (certainly this season) as they're playing Klopp's Liverpool; I think we have zero chance of finishing above Man Utd this season regardless of this result, so our league placing isn't a consideration for me.
  • With that, Liverpool take the lead.
  • So you're not looking for a European spot?
  • IronHerb said:

So you're not looking for a European spot?

Of course I'd love us to get a European spot, especially as 8th could qualify. I just don't think we've got any chance of finishing above Man Utd given our remaining PL fixtures, their remaining PL fixtures, our EL fixtures and our very small and overworked squad.
  • IronHerb said:

So you're not looking for a European spot?

Of course I'd love us to get a European spot, especially as 8th could qualify. I just don't think we've got any chance of finishing above Man Utd given our remaining PL fixtures, their remaining PL fixtures, our EL fixtures and our very small and overworked squad.
    There’s a chance though, however small. Whereas there’s zero chance of us finishing above Liverpool
  • If liVARpool score three more we’ll go sixth!
  • There’s a chance though, however small. Whereas there’s zero chance of us finishing above Liverpool

For me, that chance is so extremely small that I feel comfortable ignoring it and can concentrate on wanting Liverpool to lose.

• Liverpool should already have scored 4 or 5. They are carving through Utd at will but are even more wasteful than us although we rarely have 15 attempts in one half.
  • If liVARpool score three more we’ll go sixth!

You had to jinx it!
  • I'm loving watching Klopp on the touchline as Man Utd take the lead 😊😊😊.
  • What are the odds on Liverpool taking 90% of their chances when they play us.
  • Dreadful lunge by Wan-Bissaka to concede a penalty.
  • Should be a red for Casimero.
  • Suitable result for all IMO including us ( excluding Baz )......
  • At least Liverpool didn't win.
  • How does United getting a point help us?
  • Ultimately, a loss was what we wanted, but we’ve made up 3 points on them in the last week.
  • I feel dirty wanting Man Utd to win,...

I feel dirtier wanting Sheffield United to win.
  • I feel dirty wanting Man Utd to win,...

I feel dirtier wanting Sheffield United to win.
    But totally acceptable under the circumstances
  • Could have been worse, a draw is still points dropped. Sadly Utd, Newcastle have that game in hand on us. it should still be an exciting run in for us, and a good one to watch regarding the top three also.
  • edited April 7
    IronHerb said:

How does United getting a point help us?

It doesn't, but imo it doesn't harm us either. I don't think it will make the slightest difference to us come the end of the season as I think they'll finish more than a point ahead of us.

• As probably will Chelsea and Newcastle.
  • Just about to ask "Is it safe to say bye, bye Blunts" & then they go and equalise. =)
  • Chelsea won’t