Other matches 30th March to 5th April

Guessing we were all to traumatised/disinterested after our early fixture to open a thread, so I thought I'd open one to cover the other midweek matches as well.

Ref really bottling decisions in the City v Arsenal match this afternoon; 3 Arsenal players could easily be in the book, he's been letting them get away with murder.

Comments

• Great result :)
  • After yesterday's and today's results I'm thinking about giving up on football and learning to knit.
  • I might read war and peace again =)
  • I'm reading a book I bought in a charity shop with a title that was worth the £2.99 (ooh big spender) alone - "!000 years of Annoying the French" =)
  • Bubbles I went on holiday with a mate a long time ago. He had never flown before and was really nervous. I told him I’d just finished reading a book called 101 things that can go wrong with a DC10. It was a quiet flight.
  • Someone should start the Spurs thread ,I would but only on page 2 of war and peace =)
  • Bubbles I went on holiday with a mate a long time ago. He had never flown before and was really nervous. I told him I’d just finished reading a book called 101 things that can go wrong with a DC10. It was a quiet flight.

I remember going on holiday in a DC10 not that long after an engine dropped off one. As we were sat on the runway prior to take off, the captain came on the radio and said that there would be a delay to take off as there was a "slight external problem" 😱😱😱.
  • On one of those rare occasions I'd prefer Man Utd to win, they're 2 down to Chelsea inside 20 minutes.
  • Sheffield score 😂
  • Omg. Salah off before 60 minutes. 😭 ( FF captain.) #hateKlopp
  • On one of those rare occasions I'd prefer Man Utd to win, they're 2 down to Chelsea inside 20 minutes.

Man Utd get 2 quick goals, 2-2 now.
  • Man Utd leading 3-2, then concede a penalty in the 7th of 8 minutes of added time.
  • edited April 4
    3-3. Can't trust Man Utd to do anything right.
  • edited April 4
    It gets worse, 4-3 Chelsea.
  • edited April 4
    Chelsea led 2-0, trailed 3-2 in the 97th minute (8 minutes added), were awarded a penalty on about 96 mins 20 secs, scored the penalty to make it 3-3, then scored a winner.

By the time the VAR check had been done for the penalty, Chelsea scored in 90+10 and 90+11.
  • Crazy game ,Chelsea now breathing down our necks .Just have to real in Man U now
  • That was a good result for us imo.
  • IronHerb said:

That was a good result for us imo.

Really? I woulda thought we've got very little chance of finishing ahead of Man Utd, even with them losing last night, and now it will be much harder to stay ahead of Chelsea, who are now just 2 points behind us with 2 games in hand; I'd much rather they were 5 points behind us.
  • The two games in hand are Spurs and Brighton. They also have to play Arsenal, Villa and us.
    United have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton. We have Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

I still think we should be looking up, not down.
  • Chelsea still have it within them to loose a few games
  • Chelsea still have it within them to loose a few games

Unfortunately so do we
  • IronHerb said:

I still think we should be looking up, not down.

With a squad that Moyes will use of about 12 outfield players, and the fact that we've still got EL matches to play, I just don't see us doing anything but still down the PL table. I suspect it will end up being similar to 2021/2; a good start to the season but our league form tailed away as players end up exhausted towards the end of the season.