Injuries thread 23/24

2»

Comments

• edited January 21

MrsGrey said:

Who says 3 months - how reliable are they and where are they getting their information from?

Secondly, if the 3 months is about Bowen, there are a couple of separate, often reliable, ITKs on KUMB who have reported it.
    Presumably you are moving them to the category of 'sometimes reliable'? ;-)

• I have a slight headache ,But have passed myself fit to watch the game =)
  • steve said:

I have a slight headache ,But have passed myself fit to watch the game =)

Are you now wishing that it was a really drunken hangover type headache? =)
  • It was .but decided not to mention that part =)
  • Time to get started on the next one.
  • edited January 27
    Alvarez has posted a picture of him training on Instagram with the caption “Back and ready for the next one.”

Meanwhile Mrs Paqueta aka Duda Fournier has posted somewhere "Glad you’re back, and almost 100% recovered."
  • Is that the photo I saw somewhere of him looking like he was taking Phillips out with a tackle
  • Bowen - Was back 21st Jan, case closed
    Mavropanos - Was back 16th Jan, case closed
    Kudus - Was back 18th Jan, case closed
    Alvarez - Was back 4th Feb, case closed

Mentioned today by Moyes:
    Paqueta - (my previous comment) 7th Feb to 7th March (prefer to think it will be towards the earlier date)

Moyes: "Lucas Paquetá isn’t ready yet".

Very little detail, suggests he's a way away to me.

Antonio - (my previous comment) 2nd Feb to 16th Feb. Given he was out for 2 weeks originally, later rather than earlier imo.

Moyes: "Michail Antonio has started training, but has only trained for two days with the group. It's great having him back training, but he’s still off it in terms of match fitness and being available.”

Sounds as though unlikely to feature this weekend, possibly available next weekend against his former club Forest.
  • edited February 29
    Nicked from the BBC.

Amazing. Have we been
    lucky?
    well-managed?
    buying good players?
    upgrading our medical department?
    something else?

• Just lucky imo, we've had plenty of seasons where we've been much worse affected, so I think we're finally just having a lucky rather than an unlucky season.
  • Maybe we’ve had more matches where our players haven’t got close enough to the opposition to get injured.
  • Maybe we’ve had more matches where our players haven’t got close enough to the opposition to get injured.

It's a miracle that we're eighth.
  • The Mail (yes, I know) reporting that Bowen is gonna be out for the second leg against Leverkusen, let's hope that's up there with their usual accuracy 🤞🤞🤞.
  • According to the Standard he may be back for the Liverpool game.
  • No idea what side we’ll play for Thursday…

Fabianski
    Coufal - Mavropanos - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Antonio - Johnson
  • Our only hope is that Leverkusen got rat faced over the weekend and binge all the way to Wednesday celebrating ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Our only hope is that Leverkusen got rat faced over the weekend and binge all the way to Wednesday celebrating ;)

That should keep it down to 2-0 then. 😬
  • Bowen trained today, Moyes says he doesn't know if he'll be fit for tomorrow. Certainly more optimistic than the Mail article 🤞🤞🤞.