Other matches Tues 26th, Weds 27th & Thurs 28th

edited December 2023 in General Chatter
Tis the season to reactivate your Amazon Prime account

Pity poor Forest fans. They have the longest trip of any Premier League club over the Boxing Day period, 160 miles to Newcastle for a 12:30pm kick off, a 3-hour drive because there are no trains on Boxing Day and the last time they didn't lose in the league at St James Park was October 1988 (0-1, Lee Chapman's first goal for his new club)

On the other hand they couldn't have picked a better time to visit Newcastle who have lost five of the last six in all competitions, have been knocked out of Europe and the League Cup with an ever expanding injury list.

At 3pm we have Bournemouth v Fulham and Sheff Utd v Luton followed by Burnley v Liverpool at 5:30pm, none of which seem that inspiring

At 8pm we have Man Utd v Villa which would have sounded appealing a few months ago but given current form will probably be horrendously one sided.

As an alternative at 7:45pm there's Ipswich v Leicester, 2nd v 1st

Break out the pickles, its cold turkey time

Comments

• Chris Wood tearing up the Magpies
  • Sign him up =)
  • Is Howe in trouble ,Do hope so =)
  • Chris Wood tearing up the Magpies

Shoulda been... Oh, wrong thread 😬
  • I'm not watching it, but Sheffield Utd v Luton seems like a roller coaster; Luton took the lead, Sheffield Utd came back to lead 2-1, but then concede 2 own goals in 4 minutes to trail 2-3. Still 7 mins plus added time to play.
  • What on earth does Liverpool's away get look like? Me no likey.
  • It doesnt look that bad when you're top of the league (temporarily probably)
  • Man U lol

Surely Ten Haag has to be skating on thin ice?
  • Man Utd score just after half time, but it's ruled out for offside by VAR, shame 😂🤣😂
  • edited December 2023
    Now whatshisnames acquired 25% Mr Haagendaazzzz may be melting away. At least Howe has injuries to point to. Man Utd may have had some but their play and general result have not been up to scratch for a decent period.
  • I have to say, Garnacho has been head and shoulders above any other red tonight.
  • Last 20 mins... could be mayhem.
  • edited December 2023
    Fernandez is certainly on thin ice, he could easily have been given a double yellow for his dissent
  • In practically any game this season. Moaner!
  • Unfortunately Man Utd manage 3 goals to win 3-2. Ali McCoist really annoyingly pro-Man Utd, couldn't stop going on about them.
  • Villa go all Spursy as they realise they will be joint top at half time.
  • Alex Scott getting a lot of praise on MOTD tonight; a nice assist for the first goal and seemingly a good, all round performance on his first start coming back from an injury. He's someone that a few of us wanted us to sign in the summer before he went to Bournemouth instead.
  • James Trafford looking like a future England No,1 despite conceding two goals

£19m from Man city U21s in the summer looks like a bargain (also Burnley's record signing)
  • I know its illogical and I should be grateful for 7th, but seeing Man Utd abovw us irritates me
  • Bazshuayi said:

I know its illogical and I should be grateful for 7th, but seeing Man Utd abovw us irritates me

It’s weird because everyone acknowledges how bad they have been, so for them to be in front of us requires a little bit of mental gymnastics to fit with my view that we’re having a great season.
  • It’s all relative to expectations. There is an expected level of performance. Moyes is said to be doing well for us, but Ten Hag is doing poorly for them. But as I wrote on the Moyes thread it’s ok to want to break the level of what’s expected and that should be the aim. If we just say we have done well for ‘us’ and don’t seek who and how we can become more than the ‘us’ of the past we always remain where we are. Our expectations are based on the lower end relegation fighting side and United’s are based on the Ferguson era side. So even though there is one point between us they are up in arms and we are clapping. We sense an opportunity to rewrite ‘us’ and they fear a further fall for ‘them’.
  • edited December 2023
    So I guess we are overachieving and Man Utd are underachieving.

I kind of like that =)
  • edited December 2023
    That’s it Exeter. The ambition now is to re-write a new us as a team, like Brighton are doing as a premier league side but avoid a new us like Leeds have become. In the meantime we enjoy getting to laugh at Man Utd fans who still think it’s the late nineties.

If you asked people where would they like the new West Ham standard to be? we are probably not far from it already. It’s now about consistency and smaller gains in the right direction rather than going backwards as we did in the league last season.
  • It’s not only Man Utd we get to laugh at as Chelsea are only one Lampard away from a relegation fight this year.
  • Crikey. Foden really walloped that!
  • MrsGrey said:

Crikey. Foden really walloped that!

Yeah, it was a really clean, Benrahma-esque (😂🤣😂) strike, aided by the fact that Pickford was just taking a small step to his right as Foden struck it.

City then get a penalty, harsh-ish were common sense to be involved, but fair enough given the current interpretation and implementation of the handball rule.
  • Not sure how serious it will turn out to be, and it was a fairly close decision, but Stones went off injured in one of those "let play go on then flag if it comes to nothing" offside calls; he chased back and made the tackle but got hurt in the process.

Unfortunately it's bound to happen on occasion, but I think in this instance it was fair enough to let play go on; it was a fairly close call. It would be really infuriating if it was a clear offside that is let go, as unfortunately does happen too often imo.
  • edited December 2023
    1-3 now as Pickford makes a hash of a clearance 😂🤣😂. Couldn't happen to a nicer keeper, except Martinez at Villa.
  • Pleased for Gazzer at Wolves. He's doing a good job, for one so early in his managerial career.
  • Welbeck really shoulda scored for Brighton v Spurs, but a very good save by the Spurs keeper.