Bristol Street Motors Trophy

edited December 2023 in PL2 & Academy
So, this seems to be a thing. It's news to me but is is like the EFL Cup for kids/lower leagues.

And our kids (U21) are going great guns.
Mubama, Coventry, Johnson - the three I recognise as being on the fringes of the 1st team.

https://www.whufc.com/news/report-reaction-u21s-make-history-colchester-united-win

Monday after next at 7pm, away at Crystal Palace.

I'm actually quite tempted ...

Comments

• ... if only the website wasn't an absolute *mishmash

*other derogatory terms are available, and may be more appropriate.
  • edited December 2023
    It’s like they do a competition for the worst possible sponsorship name.

Speaking of, my friend is a Southend United fan, and a couple of seasons ago his season ticket was in the “ilovefancydress.com Stand”
  • We beat a league 2 team with our under 21s which is a fantastic achievement. Winning is one thing but thrashing them 4-0 is something else!
  • alderz said:

Speaking of, my friend is a Southend United fan, and a couple of seasons ago his season ticket was in the “ilovefancydress.com Stand”

Was it not Southend who after a naming rights competition ended up with the Gilbert and Rose West Stand

🤔

• We beat a league 2 team with our under 21s which is a fantastic achievement. Winning is one thing but thrashing them 4-0 is something else!

I'd be a little wary of that statement because, as far as I can see, there were only 4 starters from Colchesters previous league game, and I would expect us to beat that starting XI.

Still , you can only beat what's in front of you and they did that quite comprehensively.
  • MrsGrey said:

So, this seems to be a thing. It's news to me but is is like the EFL Cup for kids/lower leagues.

And our kids (U21) are going great guns.
    Mubama, Coventry, Johnson - the three I recognise as being on the fringes of the 1st team.

https://www.whufc.com/news/report-reaction-u21s-make-history-colchester-united-win

Monday after next at 7pm, away at Crystal Palace.

I'm actually quite tempted ...

The Bristol Street Motors Trophy Round of 16 Draw is at 6.30pm on Friday 8th December, in the lead-up to Sky Sports’ live broadcast of the Sky Bet Championship match between Coventry City and Birmingham City.

It' still regionalised so the Southern Section contains: -

Brighton & Hove Albion U21

Crawley Town

Oxford United

Peterborough United

West Ham United U21

Wycombe Wanderers

Portsmouth or AFC Wimbledon

Reading or Charlton Athletic
  • alderz said:

Was it not Southend who after a naming rights competition ended up with the Gilbert and Rose West Stand

🤔

Yes, it was. That's Ron Martin for you.