Nations League

This discussion was created from comments split from: Other matches 2nd & 3rd December; 5-6-7th as well..

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Amid suggestions that some Scotland players might not be up for tonight's match with the Lionesses tonight given that a GB team for the Olympics is dependent on England reaching at least the semi-finals of the Nations League, England are currently (55 mins played) leading 5-0 away from home. Given England need to better the score of the Netherlands (currently beating Belgium 1-0) by at least 3 goals to top the group and reach the SF, I suspect there will be some very unhappy Dutch players and fans atm.
  • If I’m right the GB team in the Olympics will be represented by England so I can see why the Scots may not be up for it as no matter how well they play they wouldn’t be considered for selection.
  • If I’m right the GB team in the Olympics will be represented by England so I can see why the Scots may not be up for it as no matter how well they play they wouldn’t be considered for selection.

I think that's only for qualification. I'd be very surprised if Scotland players wouldn't be eligible for a GB team, although how many would be selected might be another matter.
  • Might be irrelevant, the Netherlands make it 3-0, but almost immediately England get a sixth, so still just hanging on.

buffy's comment, from t'other thread.
  • edited December 2023
    And now the Netherlands get a 4th, 2 very late goals will see England lose the top spot by a goal difference of 1, no Team GB for the women's football at the Olympics.