Divin Mubama

2»

Comments

• He can’t just get a token run of games because ‘well it’s Ings’. He has to prove that he is worth persisting with. Not shown a lot so far granted but probably deserves another game on Sunday to see what he can do. Failing that I don’t get why Cornet doesn’t get a run out up top.
  • I would start Cornet today but give Mubama some decent minutes, he isn't necessarily a starter at present but I feel he needs to be included and getting regular minutes, especially when we have injuries as we do at present. Otherwise how will he get to show he is ready for the step up.
  • alderz said:

as we’ve seen over the past few years that the team isn’t going adapt to a different striker.

This

• alderz said:

I know what you mean, but I don’t know that I felt sorry for him any more than I did for Ings. Antonio and Bowen work in our system and if Mubama is going to be the answer for us he’s going to have to be able to adapt to that role, as we’ve seen over the past few years that the team isn’t going adapt to a different striker.

I posted earlier that I thought Mubama would have a head start over bought-in strikers as I thought that Moyes's favoured system would have filtered down throughout the different team levels, so he wouldn't need to do too much adapting.
    Obviously I've not been able to see many of the games he's played in, so that may not be the case.
  • alderz said:

I know what you mean, but I don’t know that I felt sorry for him any more than I did for Ings. Antonio and Bowen work in our system and if Mubama is going to be the answer for us he’s going to have to be able to adapt to that role, as we’ve seen over the past few years that the team isn’t going adapt to a different striker.

I posted earlier that I thought Mubama would have a head start over bought-in strikers as I thought that Moyes's favoured system would have filtered down throughout the different team levels, so he wouldn't need to do too much adapting.
    Obviously I've not been able to see many of the games he's played in, so that may not be the case.
    That was the point I was trying to make: Mubama's speed and running make him suited to our system, and yet no-one played any through balls for him to chase. Baffling.
  • Interesting point from BBC Gossip column today:
    Manchester United's 18-year-old English midfielder Kobbie Mainoo will double his wages - from £10,000 to £20,000 - should he become a regular in the first team. (Star)

I know strikers get a premium, but …
  • Far too much money for an !8 year-old.
    The best thing would be to bank/invest most of it for him while giving him a sensible amount of spending money.
  • Far too much money for an !8 year-old.
    The best thing would be to bank/invest most of it for him while giving him a sensible amount of spending money.

That would be common sense but as we all know, sense isn't very common.