U21 Euros

2Β»

Comments

• England win 3-0, and will face Spain or Ukraine in the final on Saturday πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.
  • Not conceded a goal all tournament!
  • U21 final will be live on Channel 4 5pm Saturday

And I'll be working as per usual...
  • No start for Johnson, he's on the bench.
  • 1-0 England, scored in injury time at the end of the first half. It's a tad fortunate as it takes a big deflection of the wall at a free kick, but c'est la vie. It kicks off a bit afterwards, it's been fairly bad tempered all the way through tbh.
  • edited July 2023
    Final minute of added time and the ref is called to the monitor to review a penalty decision for Spain. Penalty given, Spain with a chance to equalise.
  • Given. Yikes.
  • I mean, there's contact, but my word that should never have been a penalty. Or have I lost my mind? Does contact automatically mean a penalty these days?
  • What a terrible call
  • Our keeper saves, and then saves the rebound from a different player.
  • Saved. And the rebound. Looks like England have done it.
  • edited July 2023
    England win 😊😊😊.

A very bad tempered game, lots of cards, and quite a few sent off from the benches.
  • Scenes.
  • One of the Spain players was sent off even though he'd been subbed. Poor old ref, he'll need a large gargle later on.
  • Amazing that they didn't concede a single goal throughout the tournament.
  • Just came here from UEFA.tv. That is possibly the softest penalty I have ever seen, and we've seen some soft penalties over the years! What a record for Trafford the goalkeeper though, even if he did keep clearing it to Spaniards!
  • That’s why City are selling him.