Concacaf Nations league cup

Not sure if anyone caught the USA vs Mexico semi final, not a surprise that it was feisty, but with four sent off and umpteen yellows, it became farcical.

USA head and shoulders above Mexico and deservedly winners at 3-0, this was easily the worst Mexico team that I have ever seen, the first half was fairly normal and did not point to anything untoward, but as the Mexican team floundered, their reaction in the second half was nothing short of disgraceful.

Each team finished with nine and the Ref was forced to finish the game with 5mins of the 12 mins extra time still to play due to inappropriate homophobic chanting from the stands - it truly was unbelievable.

I understand that Mexico was fined for this chanting before and they will surely face further sanctions going forward - and so they should

Comments

• I watched a few clips, and Alvarez, a Mexican DM who plays for Ajax but is looking to move, is someone we've been linked with; apparently we're trying to hijack his preferred move to Dortmund. Must admit I was seriously underwhelmed by him in this match; I know it's not right to judge a player on one game, but I'm far from convinced he's PL standard.

Good finish by Arsenal's Balogun in the final (USA beating Canada 2-0 at HT).
  • To be fair, the final was a decent watch, the USA played well, were positive going forward and defended well, I think the Canadians were guilty of being over elaborate in front of goal but the USA deserved the win