FA Youth Cup Final

2»

Comments

• edited April 2023
    And 5-1. 1st touch of the ball. Only on the pitch a matter of seconds, came on at the stoppage for a corner that he scored from.
  • Five.

The U18s are massiver than the first team.
  • The Northern Ireland contingent have done really well tonight
  • Where is the final being played?
  • Arsenal's no.6 is a dirty so-and-so.

Eh, this is the final

This is the final, it's at the Emirates.
  • I know that, I asked where it is being played?
  • What ground is it being played, if that makes it easier for you hahaha
  • I know that, I asked where it is being played?

Sorry Preston, misread your post

• Wouldn't it be nice to be safe in the league going into the last couple of games to give some of these lads a first team appearance as a reward.
  • Wouldn't it be nice to be safe in the league going into the last couple of games to give some of these lads a first team appearance as a reward.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, it might well annoy some of the u21s who are themselves desperate for 1st team game time as well no doubt.
  • Fantastic! They did themselves and the club proud tonight.❤️⚒
  • And beat them at their ground as well. I looked it up hahaha
  • edited April 2023

And beat them at their ground as well. I looked it up hahaha

I answered you earlier on, at 8.52pm.
  • Sorry buffy,, I've dropped my phone and most of the screen is shattered so missed it.
  • Two trophies in a season…
  • Now they just need to beat Man City u18s for a place in Europe next season 🤞🤞🤞.
  • And beat them at their ground as well. I looked it up hahaha

Just didnt want you to think we were all ignoring you 😊.
  • Please for Keen. Hope he goes on to become a top manager.
  • edited April 2023
    It was a good night but a strange game. It was a typical Arsenal v West Ham game with the Arsenal lads showing lots of speed and technique while the West Ham boys showed resilience and hard work, but with the ability to find the net. Our first three goals where excellent, with the third goal being the pick of the bunch.
    The fans were noisy and when the whole stadium stood as the West Ham fans started singing 'Stand up if you hate Tottenham' caused much mirth amongst both sets.

Let's follow this up this evening. COYI
  • It was a brilliant game. The third WHU goal was superb. Hope some of the lads get a first team chance.
  • Pengeman said:

It was a brilliant game. The third WHU goal was superb. Hope some of the lads get a first team chance.

Certainly look to be some standout players, but I'm sure the same was being said of the Class of '99. There was a picture of that group doing the rounds last night and I think only Cole, Carrick and Bywater went on to make any significant impact on the first team.

I suppose this is really the time where these players will either push on or fall away. What was obviously notable is how much physical improvement most have to make, which is understandable given their ages. The club has made the point that some of the U21s were let go recently because of the potential of some of the U18s, so presumably they see Scarles at LB (Longelo was let go) and maybe Earthy and/or Kelly in midfield (Ekwah was let go) as those most likely to step up.
  • Even if you take just Cole and Carrick that’s a very good impact. Imagine if we’d been able to keep those two?

And I’ve always thought that one or two players from the academy who don’t have to be stars but can be solid professionals for us for years is good. It means not having to buy average players from elsewhere and hope they fit in.
  • The stand out player from that team of ‘99 for me was Richard Garcia(apart from Joe Cole obvs).He played a handful of first team games but he was moved on and had a bit of a career in the lower leagues. He’s assistant manager of the Aussie national side currently. Going further back I remember Alvin Martin in the youths and telling my old man that he looked like a real prospect.
    So I got one right!
  • Not being shown til next week....looking forward to it. The match against Southampton was a breath of fresh air, with some good football and no play- acting or harassing the ref. Loved it. 👍