I was there, were you?

I thought a trip down memory lane would whittle away the hours whilst awaiting the resumption of hostilities,
Seeing Jimmy Pearce (spurs) carried off at UP on a stretcher in derby clash in1969. Hammers second biggest crowd at UP, 40000+ We lost 1-0

Seeing Bonzo dead leg Osgood fairly and firmly after the latter polaxed little Johnny Ayris. Not a sniff out Ossie after that tackle!

Alan Devonshire running from the half way line and scoring vs Wrexham in a 4-3 defeat at the Racecourse Ground.

Bobby Moore heading the ball straight at the ref, knocking the latter out and needed to be replaced. 3-3 draw vs Wolves at UP (Great match)

Away to Palace, late 70s, the old Bill made us remove our DR Martens boots and there hundreds of pairs on the away ends toilet roof!

Away at Burnley when Alvin Martin struck the foot of the Burnley post and we denied an equaliser, and went down 3-2.

Weather related, theFog at Notts county, could`nt seethe opposing goal, ended 0-0, Cambs in a blizzard, only 11k on that bitterly cold Friday evening, saw us run out 3-1(Var would have made that intersting)

Comments

• Not match specific, but every time Bonzo went up for the coin toss and shake the opposition’s captain’s hand some bloke behind us ALWAYS shouted “HIT ‘IM BILL!”.
    It got to the point where everyone around us was waiting for it.
    Happy days.
  • Vaz Te’s hat trick against the Seagulls with my Brighton supporting mates in the home end which finished 6-0.
    The good ol Hippo days #champohype 😎
  • Sixth round of the cup at Highbury’75. Alan “sparrer” Taylor with two goals in a game played on a paddy field.
    Ipswich in the semi replay at Stamford Bridge in a snow storm.
  • Peter Brabrook taking a corner and tripping over himself and then standing up to take the applause from laughing south bank.
  • Ray Stewart taking penaltys ,only question was if the net would burst
  • steve said:

Ray Stewart taking penaltys ,only question was if the net would burst

Him and Neil Orr… The Scottish contingent 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
  • The old joke when the team was read out listing the players ,One of which was orr and everyone would say orr who
  • Having to settle for listening to the radio for the 1980 semi final replay at Ellen Road, swore I would never listen to a match on the radio again - it was a total roller coaster.

Away at Coventry and watching a chap calmly picking up all the coins thrown at us

Swindon at home in 1978, league cup game under lights on a Wednesday night, the first game I attended, it was magical and started my life long journey.

We actually lost which should have told me something :-)

• Our middle England opponents are very generous with charity donations,, the throwing of coins in a feckless manner, particularily t WBA, Stoke and Leicester