The Reader’s Digest: Pre Summer Transfer Speculation

Comments

• If I had more time today, I’d go back through this thread and check how many times Rice has been linked with different clubs. I’m pretty sure it’s just the traditional top 4 on loop.
  • I think it's 5 clubs.
  • Newcastle and even Real Madrid have made an appearance I believe!
    So I make it 5 as well as no Spurs links.
  • In that case it's City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle & Madrid.
    May the auction begin.
  • Ah yea forgot Chelsea and Liverpool aren’t current top 4 🤦‍♂️
  • One of them will be soon enough ;)
  • Baz, You are confident that last nights result will help Chelsea secure a top four finish now then?
  • What I do know is that all the Liverpool teasers enjoying Liverpools low league position recently are now probably not enjoying it ;)
  • Wolves are ready to make a renewed £20m move for Bristol City's Alex Scott as they look to move ahead of Tottenham and West Ham in the race to sign the 19-year-old English midfielder. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Inter Milan have offered Edin Dzeko a new one-year contract but the Bosnia striker, 36, wants a two-year deal so could join West Ham, with Italy forward Gianluca Scamacca, 24, heading in the opposite direction. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

• If we got rid of Scamacca and brought in Dzeko, it would completely fly in the face of any apparent desire to build a young squad for the future.

That said, I think it's probably FAKE NEWS.
  • Scamacca has just bought a big house over here so doubt he’s looking to go back imminently
  • thorn, Let's see if David Moyes is still around next season as he wouldn't be the first talented footballer we have signed to be alienated by him, would he?
  • Apparently (according to West Ham Zone) Masuaku's spell at Besiktas is a loan with an obligation to buy; apparently if he makes 25 appearances (he's on 22 atm) then the obligation kicks in. There should be 13 more league fixtures left to play, although most Turkish fixtures are being shown as postponed atm. I don't see him as having a future back at West Ham, so more than happy to get a couple of million for him if the story is correct.
  • Masuaku started 20 games out of 23 he was available which suggests Besiktas are happy with him.
  • West Ham are monitoring Norwich midfielder Gabriel Sara, although the 23-year-old Brazilian has also caught the eye of Atletico Madrid and RB Leipzig. (Sunday Mirror)
  • West Ham are set to challenge RB Leipzig and Atletico Madrid for the signing of Norwich City's Brazilian midfielder Gabriel Sara, 23, this summer. (Football Insider)

West Ham are also leading the chase for Bournemouth's Zimbabwe left-back Jordan Zemura, 23, who was dropped at the weekend over his contract situation. (90min)

When the ball hits the goal, it’s not shearer or cole, it’s Zemura 🎶
  • If we are interested in Zemura, I hope it's because he's been extensively scouted and will compliment the manager's style of play rather than because he's a free agent in June.

Admittedly I've not watched a lot of Bournemouth, but from what I have seen of him I've not been massively impressed.

Other reports have Leeds and Newcastle interested; I guess which of those he goes to may completely depend on which league us and Leeds will be in next season.
  • West Ham are considering a move for 30-year-old Werder Bremen and Germany striker Niclas Fullkrug. (Sport Bild via Sport Witness)
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham are considering a move for 30-year-old Werder Bremen and Germany striker Niclas Fullkrug. (Sport Bild via Sport Witness)

Trying saying his name after a few drinks 🙄
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham are considering a move for 30-year-old Werder Bremen and Germany striker Niclas Fullkrug. (Sport Bild via Sport Witness)

His name sounds like it should be a drink, 2 pints of Fullkrug please.
  • It’s sounds like it would have loads of bits at the bottom 🤢
  • Ravel49 said:

His name sounds like it should be a drink, 2 pints of Fullkrug please.
    I first thought it was an anagram.......
  • Bayer Leverkusen are interested in signing West Ham and Czech Republic right-back Vladimir Coufal, 30. (Football Insider)
  • And just like that.. from absolutely no where.. this bombshell drops..

Chelsea are "highly interested" in signing West Ham's Declan Rice, 24, in the summer - the England midfielder is contracted at London Stadium until 2024. (Florian Plettenberg)

💣
  • Always wonder how those chats go…

Dear Sully boy,

We are interested in Declan Rice.

Chelsea
    —————————————————
    Dear Chelsea

How interested?

Sir Sully boy
    —————————————————
    Dear Sir Sully boy,

Highly interested.

Chelsea
  • Everton will move for West Ham's Jamaica striker Michail Antonio, 32, in the summer, if they avoid relegation. (Sun

Besiktas are preparing to trigger the purchase option in their loan deal for West Ham's Congo defender Arthur Masuaku, 29. (Fanatik, via Inside Futbol)
  • Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham have looked at Red Bull Salzburg striker Noah Okafor, with the 22-year-old Switzerland international's contract ending in summer 2024. (Mail)
  • West Ham are reportedly interested in replacing David Moyes with Reims boss Will Still (Sun)

Yes I can totally see us paying a fine every game for him. That said, I'd sort of like us to :)
  • Baz to be fair I reckon you’d prefer a goldfish instead of Moyes.
This discussion has been closed.