Ings Signs ( apparently) or maybe not...

edited January 2023 in Completed Transfers
This discussion was created from comments split from: January Sales.

Comments

• Sky say he's signed for £15m
  • I do like Ings but his best days are definitely behind him.
  • Agree but I think it's a good buy. Small sums for a striker than can get going straight away.
  • edited January 2023
    Maybe Antonio is going to Villa, he can swap shirts with Ings and stitch new names on the back
  • edited January 2023
    Ings quite injury prone
    Could he be relied upon in a relegation run in?
  • He's not been injured for 2 years (I know) so maybe he is on top of his issues.
  • Ravel49 said:

Ings quite injury prone
    Could he be relied upon in a relegation run in?

According to transfermarket site.
    No games missed through injury this season or last. (?)
    20-21. Missed 7 games over 3 injured stints
    19-20. None
    18-19 missed 15 games over 4 periods injured.

In other terms, that's 7 injuries over that last 5 seasons.

Is that such an abnormal record to put him in the ' injury prone ' category?

Obvs, prior to that he had that massive disaster at Liverpool.
  • Ings makes it 25 in our squad as far as I can see so it's one in one out from now on.
  • Let's just carry on with Ings stuff here.
  • Oooh what squad miner will he pick… 😜

I’m gonna say 34
  • That should be number. I’m not alluding to anything else!
  • Ahhhhh the picture becomes clearer

Villa's new signing 19yo Columbian striker Jhon Duran arrived to complete his medical yesterday

Not that I'm complaining but it seems a bit of a gamble considering he's had just one season playing in MLS and wasn't a regular starter
  • IronHerb said:

Ings makes it 25 in our squad as far as I can see so it's one in one out from now on.

Tbh I think we could easily leave Coventry out if we needed someone extra over and above, for instance, a new CB for Dawson.
  • Ings has scored goals everywhere ,we will soon put that right =)
  • Ings is being brought in to replace Dawson isn't he? =)
  • Just for the record, I am really happy with bringing in Ings as he is a proven goal scorer and IF paired with Antonio up top, I can see them creating problems for any opponent. Nowadays, the fee is pretty reasonable given the craziness of todays valuations, so it looks like good business to me.

However, please, please, please do not play him up top on his own

Just my tuppence worth
  • However, please, please, please do not play him up top on his own

I was curious about his record, so I've just downloaded a bunch of records from Transfermarkt.

In the Premier League, he has started as a striker 168 times, 50 of those as a lone striker, and 118 in a pair. He has 17 goals as a lone striker - at one goal every 192 minutes - and he has 49 goals as part of a strike partnership - at one goal every 186 minutes. So, his goalscoring record is pretty much like for like when it comes to playing alone or in a two.
  • edited January 2023
    I'd be very surprised if Antonio is still with us come the end of the window.
  • However, please, please, please do not play him up top on his own

Just my tuppence worth

We never play 2 up top, so I wouldn't hold your breath if we do bring him in.
  • We do for the last ten minutes when trying to rescue a point. 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • Has he signed yet
  • Ings undergoing West Ham medical
    Danny Ings is currently having a medical at West Ham ahead of a £15m move from Aston Villa.
    The Hammers are hopeful of getting the signing completed in time for him to feature against Everton on Saturday.
    He has to be registered by midday Friday to be eligible to play.
    The fee is £12m plus £3m in add-ons.
  • Can you believe it, Rav? My call-up snatched away from me at the last minute.
  • Shocking behaviour
  • Well can he do it on a cold dry November afternoon in Stoke?

Well yes, yes he can

‘Premier League: Danny Ings inspires Burnley to first away win at Stoke’
  • edited January 2023
    If we get this over the line, a very sensible signing.
    Established, experienced and a workhorse. You know what you are getting.
    15million is good value too.
  • Ings seen after having a medical:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12790622/ings-seen-having-his-medical-ahead-of-west-ham-move

Given the speed we're trying to get this through, you'd hope it would be done in time for him to play on Saturday 🤞🤞🤞. I know Moyes doesn't like throwing new signings straight into the fray, but this is a game we desperately need to win and having attacking options could be oh so important, especially if Scamacca's injury turns out to be as bad as has been rumoured at various points this week.
  • I'd be shocked if he doesnt play considering our goal scoring prowess