EFL Cup ( is it still the Caribou?) Semis second leg

edited January 2023 in Other Teams & Matches
Can't see a thread so let's have a new one. Because I could think ...

Brendan out?

Whaddaya reckon?

Comments

• No, why do you think that MrsG?
  • Rumblings of discontent amongst the fans...
  • Leicester beaten by the football Death Star (aka Saudi Arabia FC)

Much like us and Moyes who would Leicester get who would be better than Brenda?
  • That would be their problem. Would happily welcome Rogers here (and 'Hammers'tein)
  • Blimey. Pep paying the price for sending out the B team and players out of position.
    2-0 to the club at the bottom of the league.
    Arrogance? Complacency?
  • Southampton could be in the Europa league next season but finish bottom of the PL
  • Southampton could be in the Europa league next season but finish bottom of the PL

So could we!
  • MrsGrey said:

Blimey. Pep paying the price for sending out the B team and players out of position.
    Arrogance? Complacency?

How many of that B team wouls stroll into Sotons side?

Not that I'm mad. Glad they lost, always am. Now they can concentrate more on losing the title to Arsenal ;)
  • edited January 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Blimey. Pep paying the price for sending out the B team and players out of position.
    Arrogance? Complacency?

Not that I'm mad. Glad they lost, always am. Now they can concentrate more on losing the title to Arsenal ;)
    Mickey Mouse cup, I mean, look at the Mickey Mouse club that won it last season πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.

You only get ECL if you win the Carabou Cup.
  • Frustrating to think that we were 3 or 4 minutes away from beating Blackburn and then missed out on home ties against Forest and Wolves. Won’t get many easier routes to the semis. πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
  • Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Arrogance? Complacency?

Mickey Mouse cup, I mean, look at the Mickey Mouse club that won it last season πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.
    Yeah, a mickey mouse team thats won more European Cups/Champions League Cups than we have ever won in total trophies. A sobering thought
  • Baz, Most of us on here aren't really bothered. ok
  • Who won it last year?
  • Wigan, I think
  • Baz, Most of us on here aren't really bothered. ok

Enough are bothered to make negative comments. Just putting up an alternative view/slant. Or basically the opposite bias. If you have another team that you like/admire and someone knocks them, you probably at least think about standing up for them, no? At the end of the day most of what I say is tongue in check but its also a case of being on certain sides here. I dont like City, others do for example. I didn't think it was that serious to be honest and perhaps I like to enter into the banter too much sometimes
  • edited January 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

Baz, Most of us on here aren't really bothered. ok

Enough are bothered to make negative comments. Just putting up an alternative view/slant. Or basically the opposite bias. If you have another team that you like/admire and someone knocks them, you probably at least think about standing up for them, no? At the end of the day most of what I say is tongue in check but its also a case of being on certain sides here. I dont like City, others do for example. I didn't think it was that serious to be honest and perhaps I like to enter into the banter too much sometimes
    πŸ‘. My comment was only after you had a dig at City, so I felt a dig at Liverpool was fully justified, banterwise seeing as they've been the 2 big powerhouses in England for the last few seasons. I woulda hoped the πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ at the end showed it was banter-ish.
  • I had/have no issue you with any of your comments (want t make that clear). I'd say with my own, as some people know me better than others, anything I write should be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm mostly silly aand even when I write something more serious its never with any intention of knocking anyone here. Hope thats clear too
  • Southampton get a goal back but it's probably a bridge too far for them.

I'm really disliking Newcastle. So would be happy for them to lose.
  • At least Pope has conceded a goal. Perhaps the floodgates will now be open, starting Saturday. πŸ™
  • Hope you're right!
  • How quiet are the Toon?
  • Getting a bit lively now
  • Newcastle fans are getting on my nerves, anyone would think they haven't won anything for years.
  • Preston, I know how they feel. =)