RIP PELE

What can I say, but thank you! Best of all time?

Comments

• Indeed, just before my time but clearly an icon and a positive influence on the game and so many people around the world
  • I vaguely remember watching 'the master and his method' with Sledge and trying to copy it down the rec - guessing it was early 70's and I think there were regular clips from it on The Big Match or somesuch.
  • Dunno if I posted on here or not, but I always thought that all football authorities worldwide should’ve packed up the nets and took the ball home after the 1970 World Cup final as that was the best football was ever going to get and there was no point in carrying on.
    Pelé was the biggest diamond in a team of jewels.Undoubtedly the greatest footballer who ever lived.
  • Not only a the greatest attacking player of all time, but like the greatest defender he's gone to join, a true gent.
  • I think the only person to transcend the sport which introduced them to the world to the same extent was Muhammed Ali, Two people who those without interest in any sport would still know their names.