Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• Blimey Mrs G that sounds so wrong.Racially profiling in any other name.

Burn them.
  • So someone sits in an office on Google for 20 minutes and adds £200 to the bill. Nice work if you can get it.
  • MrsGrey said:

Random topic alert.

I have just been quite shocked and wonder if I am being realistic or not...

I'm in the process of buying a flat in London and am looking to appoint a surveyor. In the course of getting a few quotes, I had one company who set out what they could provide and for what cost
    One optional extra is a report on the nature of the area. It covers things like local schools, crime rates, how close are airports and motorways... And also the ethnic make up of the area.
    That was what shocked me. Is that legal?

They say their report is to help you make an informed decision about if you want to live there, and factors that could impact on the value of your property.

Surely that's pandering to potential racists? I mean, obvs the stats are in the public domain. But should a professional company be offering to tell you how many black people live in an area so you can bail on the purchase?

Is this common?

( I'm not going to appoint them, btw)

I may be being generous here, but could it be that they're doing it so potential buyers know that the community may appeal to them, i.e. an Asian buyer may want to know if there's a large Asian community in the area?

I mean, it could work both ways; as you say, it could pander to racists, but I assume (hope) it's not being offered for that reason.
  • Yes, I did think about that too.

I wondered, though, why there was nothing about places of worship or community centres, that kind of thing, if the aim of that aspect of the report is for potential movers to find their comfort zone.

I just thought it odd, and a bit insidious. And potentially open to being used in a racist way, so I was surprised a company would associate itself so openly with that.

:+1:
  • Nah, burn ‘em.
  • Slacker, Isn't that a bit extreme can't MrsG just tell them she doesn't want to use them?
  • Nah, burn ‘em.
  • Sad news, Eddie Butler has passed away, one of those voices you always associate with the 6 Nations:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62919134
  • Whenever he did a piece in the build up to a big game, he gave it drama without being over the top. One of the most renowned voices of rugby union. He will be a big miss.
  • Chancellor of the Exchequer Kwasi Kwarteng laughing at the Queen's funeral

Drunk? Coked? Tripping?

• Nah, just Tory.
  • edited September 2022
    Last time I saw anyone "gurning" like that they were wearing a smiley t-shirt and screaming "Aceeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!" in a field off the M25
  • edited September 2022
  • Fantastic news. Learn from Moyes then take over for the next 30 years after he’s done.
  • Was obvious that he'd come back in some capacity, I thought he might have stayed away all this season tbh, but I guess it will be 7 months so shouldn't be stepping on Dec's toes.
  • Great news.🎉
  • edited September 2022
    I wasn't entirely sure what a Sporting Director is, so I've been reading the Wikipedia page on the role. It's interesting as it can basically mean... anything?!

There are sections on Director of Football, and Sporting Director as a [1] Figurehead, [2] Technical Director, [3] Go-Between, [4] General Manager.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_director
  • Was Changing Room cleaner mentioned?
  • I thought a "sporting directory" was a catalogue...
  • I thought a "sporting directory" was a catalogue...

Indeed, one that gave you chance.

• I thought he may have come in as part of Moyes backroom team and serve as a link between Moyes and players to uphold a good dressing room. I don't really know what sporting director means but it does bring an image of him in a suit in an office rather than a tracksuit on the training ground.
  • I’m imagining him a bit like Edu on the Arsenal all or nothing
  • Great to see Nobes back at the club.
    Will he take part/have a say or influence our style of play? Remember there were many on here, me included, that bemoaned the fact that his default was to pass the ball backwards or sideways.
    Maybe he's had time now to read comments on forums and recognises what we can all see.
    Maybe he could have a word in DM's shell-like.
    Here's hoping, but not holding my breath.
  • Noble did that because he played with terrible players most of the time. During most of our heat periods, when we had a couple players with some talent in forward areas, Noble’s best form was also unlocked. He was fantastic in the Payet season.

I actually think he had far more vision than Rice but he wasn’t athletic enough for the modern game.
  • Just been down a weird Facebook rabbit hole but ended up here:

https://fb.watch/fIzEgS-q-J/

Might bring back a few memories for some.
  • If that's where you ended up, gord knows the route you took. Init.
  • I reckon he was shopping in Sainsburys, saw some rabbit and ended up in a hole whilst listening to Chas and Dave.
  • Anyone on here had Covid.How long does it last?
    Started on Friday evening wth shivers and shakes, weren’t too bad yesterday and then today……………..BOOM!!. An absolute record breaking sore throat that will not shift.
  • I've had it at least twice, but it completely varies person to person and even each time you have it. In general it doesn't seem as serious now (through our jabs and its mutations) as when it first hit us. Can't say I remember having a sore throat any of the times I've had it tbh. Hope you're feeling better soon 🤞🤞🤞
  • Slacker said:

Anyone on here had Covid.How long does it last?
    Started on Friday evening wth shivers and shakes, weren’t too bad yesterday and then today……………..BOOM!!. An absolute record breaking sore throat that will not shift.

As buffy said, it really varies. Mine started with a horrible sore throat before some other symptoms came in and it was probably about 4 days of that. The worst part was that even though it was pretty mild, I was tired for months and didn’t really realise it might be connected because it had been mild. Colleagues all had the same experience though, mild symptoms but feeling like we were falling asleep while working all the time.

Hope you’re fully recovered soon.
This discussion has been closed.